3M HIS Information Security Operations Manager
At 3M, your ideas matter.
Here, you go.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an Information Security Operations Manager for the Health Information Systems Division located in Murray, UT.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.
The person hired for the position of be responsible for providing oversight, coordination and management of Information Security operational support and day-to-day technical oversight and operational support in the following security areas: Identity & Access Management, Application Security, Threat & Vulnerability Management, and Security Tools integration.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish operational cyber monitoring capabilities for key applications, systems, tools and processes.
- Direct the Vulnerability Scanning and Remediation program.
- Manage Penetration Testing initiatives.
- Prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Manage identity and access management processes and tools.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for development and review of security configuration standards for operating systems, networking devices, application development, user access controls, and Industry Regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training and development, allocating work assignments, review of progress in achieving objectives, managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to address policy violations.
- May manage workforce vendors and contracts.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7)+ years of combined experience in security operations, application security, and/or vulnerability management
- Minimum of three (3)+ years of technical team management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or related information security certifications are preferred
- Experience in reviewing healthcare-related information system technical controls for adherence, HIPAA-HITECH, HITRUST, and ISO 27002 security requirements
- Experience with Cloud and hybrid Cloud/On-prem security models
- Experience with release management (and DevOps) of custom software
- Experience with industry-leading SIEM tools
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities -able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from C-level executives to operations and development teams
Location: Murray, UT
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Innovation, Collaboration, Global, Diverse Career Opportunities
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+