3M HIS Security Engineer
At 3M, your ideas matter.
Here, you go.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Security Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Murray, UT office.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.
Job Summary/Visionary statement:
The person hired for the position of Security Engineer will be responsible for establishing operational cyber monitoring capabilities for key applications, systems, tools and processes with a primary focus on automating log monitoring and anomaly detection in key business applications. Will mature the secure SDLC processes of the business and coordinate with internal development teams to ensure tools/processes are effectively being leveraged.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build out cyber-attack detection capabilities for key externally-facing applications through log monitoring and response automation
- Drive business-wide programs/processes for secure software development including static/dynamic testing tools as well and penetration testing.
- Work with application product owners to review and analyze security vulnerabilities and develop mitigation plans.
- Conduct vulnerability and generic security scans of both systems and networks to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate the latest vulnerability, network discovery, penetration, and other security evaluation tools.
- Work with various product teams to ensure compliance with the NIST framework.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in security operations and/or application security and/or software development
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or related information security certifications are preferred
- Experience in reviewing healthcare-related information system technical controls for adherence, HIPAA-HITECH, HITRUST, and ISO 27002 security requirements
- Experience with release management (and DevOps) of custom software
- Experience with industry-leading SIEM tools
- Strong understanding of OWASP top 10 and strong experience with at least 3.
- Experience in User Activity Monitoring (UAM) tools and vulnerability scanning tools
Location: Murray, UT
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation, Collaboration, Global, Diverse Career Opportunities
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+