IT Security Analyst
At 3M, your ideas matter.
Here, you go.
3M is seeking an Endpoint Security Analyst for the Information, Security, Risk, and Compliance Group located in Maplewood, MN. Be part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position Endpoint Security Analyst, will provide technical support to users and teams by researching and answering questions, troubleshooting problems, maintaining compliance and being a resource on a variety of IT security projects. The Endpoint Security environment includes security solutions on 86,000+ Windows and Mac workstations and 10,000+ Windows and Linux servers. This role combines support, vendor relationship management and product lifecycle management in one role.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interact with end users and global IT personnel including helpdesk, application support, and IT infrastructure support groups when necessary to resolve environment and client issues.
- Review, update, and create necessary documentation to support processes used by global support team including but not limited to ITSM documentation used by service desk staff.
- Support Endpoint Security team key projects via Installation and testing of new software, creating/maintaining IT technical support documentation and general support
- Cross-train with globally dispersed team members on core Client Security technologies.
- Analyze new security threats and work with appropriate groups to determine actions needed to mitigate risks
- Perform daily health monitoring and pro-active maintenance
- Evaluate and process Ad-hoc and routine reports for security related metrics
- Maintain proper change control procedures
- Identify process improvements
- Provide after-hours support during weeknights and weekends for all technologies managed via the Client Security team.
- Participate in malware incident responses as required
- Assist team with maintaining overall security posture through monitoring of key metrics and maintaining installation and configuration compliance
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university OR 2 year IT technical degree with minimum four (4) years of global technical support experience
- Minimum three (3) years of global technical support experience
- CISSP or commensurate certifications
- Experience with security in cloud with vendors such as AWS and AZURE
- Application Whitelisting and File Integrality Monitoring Experience
- Experience in Linux Server Support
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Innovation, Collaboration, Global, Diverse Career Opportunities
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+