IT Security Project Manager
At 3M, your ideas matter.
Here, you go.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an IT Security Project Manager for the Information Technology Division located in Woodbury, Minnesota.
The candidate for this position will coordinate cross-functional project teams to ensure successful completion of security related projects in alignment with security strategy, policy, and standards. This includes project planning, prioritization, and execution. This candidate also supervises a team of project leaders.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with global and area/regional/local IT resources to lead the development and implementation of key projects within assigned budgets ensuring program and project management processes.
- Conduct regular project reviews and provide exception/exposure reporting and remediation plans to leadership.
- Assists with defining/maintaining security architecture and standards.
- Maintain Risk Register
- Actively participate in defining, designing and deploying an Information Security Management System (ISMS) including organization, architecture, and processes to satisfy business and regulatory requirements and comply with industry best practice standards.
- Assist in setting the vision and establish direction for the global deployment of information security solutions
- Manages relationships with stakeholders
- Develops knowledge of activities in project leadership process and tools development and applies learnings to ongoing projects
- Produce maintain project dashboards
- Coordinate Project Management Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of Project Management experience
- Combined experience working in an IT and/or IT Security environment
- Industry-adopted certifications (e.g. PMP, CCNA, CISSP)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive responsibilities in IT security or related experience in an organization supporting $2B+ in sales globally
- Proven leadership ability and collaboration skills; capable of energizing and motivating people to achieve their maximum potential
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and process management skills with an emphasis on client satisfaction and employee satisfaction to gain credibility and support of the organization and people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in person and via web cast
- Strong information technology and applications leadership experiences in both mainframe and open systems computing environment, including cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS)
- Proven experiences in vendor management, contract negotiations, off shoring, and outsourcing
- Prefer undergraduate in Computer Science with graduate-level education in business and management
- Prior Information Security leadership experience preferred
- Strong financial acumen and business case development
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Sales Territory: None
Travel: May include occasional travel
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation, Collaboration, Global, Diverse Career Opportunities
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+