Internet of Things Security Architect
At 3M, your ideas matter.
Here, you go.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an experienced IoT Security Architect for our Internet of Things team located in Maplewood, MN
The Internet of Things (IoT) Security Architect will support the creation and deployment of secure 3M Cloud and IoT initiatives. This roll will be responsible for architecting security solutions for the entire 3M enterprise including all 3M business groups and divisions. This role will collaborate with other enterprise and area specific architects and will be part of the 3M Connect team.
The IoT Information Security Architect will interact with the Cloud Security center of excellence in delivery of cloud and IoT security architecture, analysis of 3M IoT designs and deployments, as well as design of 3M security controls and solutions to reduce risk to 3M. Design of cloud security guardrails will enable 3M Agile DevOps teams to manage security, privacy, and risk within their applications while ensuring enterprise access control, encryption, logging and monitoring.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a senior cloud and IoT security architect / SME for high visibility IoT initiatives
- Create/review/update security policies and standards for 3M cloud and IoT programs
- Create security standards, compliance patterns & reference architectures for 3M cloud and IoT programs
- Partner with stakeholders to assess cloud and IoT technologies for security standards compliance
- Analyze and design controls to secure cloud and IoT deployments
- Will work with business and technical team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Utilize analytical skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Utilize critical thinking skills to evaluate and enable cloud and IoT programs
- Collaborate on the creation and validation of IoT architectures with 3M Business, R&D, and IT teams.
- Create enterprise IoT security design patterns for use in the development of complex systems using reusable 'templates' to reduce duplicate effort.
- Responsible for guiding projects and developers to ensure alignment to 3M IoT security design patterns.
- Analyzing functionality, scalability and security of IoT solutions
- Architect secure integrations between 3M cloud / IoT platforms and third-party hardware and software.
- Partner with IoT decision-makers in 3M and across the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Information Technology system and application design and planning
- Minimum of five (5) years of information security experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience securing and deploying IoT Solutions and cloud services
- Combined experience with DevOps and/or DevSecOps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, EE, or related technical field
- Cloud security certification such as Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Cloud Professional (CCP) or Cloud Computing Architect (CCA)
- Cloud vendor certifications such as AWSCertified Solutions Architect
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud and Azure IoT solutions.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud and Amazon IoT solutions.
- Experience architecting highly scalable, highly concurrent and low latency system.
- Experience developing large, scalable applications deployed in cloud environments.
- Must have in depth understanding of AWS and Azure IoT application development platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with device platform like Intel, Raspberry Pi, ARM Mbed and open source platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols TCP/IP, IPv6, MQTT, AMQP,HTTP, etc.
- Experience / knowledge of Agile, DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery methodology and tools.
- Experience with micro services architecture, data streaming and batch processing technologies, and distributed messaging technologies.
- Experience of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Storm, SQL and in-memory NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, ITAR, CJIS and FDA.
- Strong leadership and communication skills necessary to engage with stake-holders, governance, and cross functional teams.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation, Collaboration, Global, Diverse Career Opportunities
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+