Engineer - Data Security
Join 65,000 talented professionals at AIG
Bring on tomorrow
The IT Security Defend and Protect team are dedicated to providing a solid security toolset in support of ensuring the security of the AIG environment. Within data security are products used for the purpose of protecting and defending the data on the network, endpoints and storage at AIG . Data Security tools include data loss prevention (DLP) for the host and network, as well as unstructured data management.
The Engineer – Data Security will be responsible for implementation of technical aspects of the data security program at AIG. This position is a hands-on role that requires knowledge of data security tools, especially data loss prevention tools. The candidate must understand how the design of the tools impacts the management and administration, as well as the end user experience. The candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of regular expressions. In this role, the candidate will work with the team to thoroughly test changes in the data security platform in order to minimize the number of false positives associated with the implementation of stringent data security guidelines. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge of and experience with the general information security controls employed to protect endpoints and computer applications, as well as the ability to identify, test and implement new data protection solutions.
The following criteria are key to the success of the candidate:
- Responsible to analyze, identify, and document best practices to ensure optimal security tool functionality
- Perform capabilities gap analysis of existing platform security tools to determine adequacy for security objectives
- Develop necessary scripts to improve data loss prevention rates and reduce overall number of false positives
- Identify and document security infrastructure capacity thresholds
- Ensure all tools are monitored for capacity, performance, and availability
- Must develop dashboards or periodic status reports that communicate the health of and risks to data security tools and the business, as well as reporting on key metrics being provided by those tools
- Manage security infrastructure configuration files, logs, and other artifacts to perform root cause analysis when there are issues
- Ensure processes are documented and runbooks are developed and maintained
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with security tool vendors to stay on top of new functionalities and find ways to add value with existing tools and quickly resolve problems
- Work with project managers on required project related tasks
- Perform other security related duties as required
Job may be located in Fort Worth, Texas or Houston, Texas
- 5 years’ experience in an information technology role with at least one of which was related to information security and information security tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration or a related field
- Infrastructure experience is a must.
- Professional certification such as CISSP or other security related certification is preferred
- Knowledge of data security solutions
- Familiarity with security issues related to preventing data loss and managing data protection
- Familiarity with how endpoints are deployed either via hardware or virtual deployment
- Ability to balance project work with day-to-day operational tasks and troubleshooting in a highly dynamic business environment
- Must have ability to identify gaps in procedures, and willingness to communicate them to the team, and uggest improvements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and/or *nix operating systems
- Good understanding of multiple networking protocols (TCP/IP, NetBIOS etc.) and networking concepts including local networks and wireless networks, and how these are utilized at the endpoints
- Understanding of OS and network security
- Experience with security tools, SIEM, etc. a plus.
- Ability to analyze problems and determine solutions to those problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+