Information Security Intern
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming an Information Security Intern at Aaron’s? This will be a summer internship for students currently pursuing a degree in the field of Information Technology/Security. This position will work directly with the Information Security team to learn and contribute to various projects for the team.
Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
- Contribute to the GRC function through creating metrics dashboards, participating in third-party risk assessments, and creating awareness materials.
- Contribute to the Application Security function by participating in design reviews, secure coding discussions, and AppSec proof of concepts.
- Be a mentee with senior team members
- Contribute to the Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) by assisting in Information Security investigations and remediation.
- Automate and improve existing Information Security processes and capabilities
- Minimum 3 years of college preferred
- Currently pursuing a major in Information Technology or Information Security or similar field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Ongoing training and development
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts
A drug screen and criminal background investigation are required before beginning employment at Aaron’s. A job performance reference check is also required.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This has been a milestone year at Aaron’s. In April, Aaron’s completed the transformative acquisition of Progressive Finance resulting in the strategic positioning of the Company as the leader in both the traditional rent-to-own (RTO) industry as well as the emerging virtual rent-to-own (RTO) space. The acquisition supports the Company’s strategy to address credit-challenged customers’ changing needs for acquiring home furniture, electronics and appliances as the consumer population leans more toward a multi-channel acquisition of goods and services.
Aaron’s plan to reshape the core business focuses on same store revenue growth, enhancing Aaron's online platform, driving cost efficiencies, moderating new store growth, and strengthening the franchise network. The Company has been aggressively developing its online strategy while working towards the roll-out of an e-commerce platform in early 2015. This demonstrates Aaron’s strategic initiative to reach its customers in an ever evolving marketplace.
Lease Ownership Retailer
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+