Cyber Espionage Reverse Engineer
At iDefense in Partnership with Accenture,
we’re building something great – not just an innovative, next-generation threat intelligence platform, but just as importantly we’re building a culture of innovation and collaboration where employees are encouraged to develop their own solutions to problems, pursue research projects to complement their formal role, and actively engage the broader security community.
The mission is to provide actionable, timely and relevant decision support to IT security and business operations. We support some of the largest organizations in the world across multiple sectors, in both the public and private sector. If our mission and work environment sound appealing, check out the opportunity below with our Malware Analysis and Countermeasures team.
Accenture seeks an experienced Malware Reverse Engineer to join our Cyber Espionage team in VA. The engineer will work within an interdisciplinary team of engineers and intelligence analysts who evaluate the tools deployed in cyber-attacks as well as the tactics and procedures used by cyber-espionage operators. Main responsibilities include researching, tracking and reporting on cyber-espionage, provide indicators of compromise, countermeasures, indications & warnings. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent technical and analytical skills to research the latest espionage malware families, conduct independent research, analyze cyber threat data, and create intelligence reports.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Travel 25%
- Familiarity with mitigation strategies such as Snort and YARA signatures.
- Knowledge of the security concerns facing large enterprises and government agencies.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Produces clearly written and concise research reports.
- Ability to prepare and present research findings in both client and public settings.
- Candidates must be self-starters, quick learners, team player, detail-oriented and should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven environment.
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain or develop professional in contacts the cyber security community.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering.
- Minimum 4 years experience / knowledge of cyber-espionage malware, the groups behind targeted attacks, and their tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Minimum 2 years proven experience with IDA-Pro, Debuggers, and Network Traffic Analysis.
- Minimum 1 year of experience analyze obfuscated code.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience of operating system internals and Windows API.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with computer forensics and malware analysis tools.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of malware packers, obfuscation techniques, and exploit kits.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Management Consulting, Systems Integration and Technology, Business Process Outsourcing, Application and Infrastructure Outsourcing
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+