Malware Reverse Engineer - Analyst
Join iDefense in Partnership with Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
At Accenture, we’re building something great – not just an innovative, next-generation threat intelligence platform, but just as importantly we’re building a culture of innovation and collaboration where employees are encouraged to develop their own solutions to problems, pursue research projects to complement their formal role, and actively engage the broader security community. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your world
Role Name: Security Malware Reverse Engineer
The Security Malware Reverse Engineer evaluates the tools deployed in cyber-attacks as well as the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber-criminals for financial gain. Research the latest malware families, malware distribution techniques such as exploit kits and phishing campaigns, botnets, develop tools, conduct independent research, perform detailed malware analysis, analyze cyber threat data, create intelligence reports, and provide support to customer requests.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Analyze daily phishing email campaigns and malicious indicators.
- Reverse engineer malware samples, builders, and panels.
- Extract malware configuration files and IOCs.
- Write technical reports on malware, phishing campaigns, and cyber-attacks.
- Leverage commercial and open source tools for reverse engineering.
- Perform network enumeration and intelligence pivoting to expand findings.
- Provide support to customers’ analysis requests.
- BS or MS in Computer Forensics, Science or Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant security field, or comparable experience.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering.
- Experience with IDA-Pro, Debuggers, and Network Traffic Analysis.
- Basic understanding of operating system internals and Windows API.
- Knowledge of malware packers, obfuscation techniques, and exploit kits.
- Ability to analyze and unpack obfuscated code.
- Experience with computer forensics and malware analysis tools.
- Familiarity with mitigation strategies and signatures such as Snort and YARA.
- Experience with incident response, network defense, and threat intelligence.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Produces clearly written and concise research reports.
- Team player who works well under pressure to rapidly generate highly accurate technical reports.
- Candidates must be self-starters, quick learners, and detail-oriented.
- Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Management Consulting, Systems Integration and Technology, Business Process Outsourcing, Application and Infrastructure Outsourcing
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+