Data Security Engineer
Join a diverse community of creative and analytical thinkers
From developing cutting-edge technology and products to collaborating with exceptional employees, customers, partners and serving our communities, you have an opportunity to make a difference and be successful.
Adobe's Security Organization is looking for a Data Security Engineer to join the team in the San Jose office. This position requires a technical background with an analytical mindset to drive compliance across the company with Adobe’s Data Privacy, Retention and deletion policies. The ideal candidate has familiarity with full cycle data processing in a corporate environment with emphasis on security and privacy attainment via data flow analysis. Familiarity with Legal regulatory standards and corporate compliance requirements (i.e. SOX, SOC2, PCI) is a big plus.
What you’ll do
- Drive the data security program through realization of Data Management Policies and Standards
- Drive initiatives to achieve compliance with Legal policies around data retention and deletion
- Obtain a deep understanding of Adobe’s core IT and Business processes by interviewing various technical teams
- Document all the business processes and data flows through relevant PI environments by creating data flow diagrams
- Interact with stakeholders in Legal and Privacy to gather the ongoing requirements of Legal and regulatory standards
- Work cross functionally with all technical teams to architect end to end processes for compliance initiatives
- Develop technical solutions and tools to help automate repeatable tasks
- Evangelize adoption of strategies and culture to maintain data security compliance
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a technology related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in a Security organization with familiarity in data security, compliance and risk.
- 3+ years of experience preferred in any of the following: SOX, PCI, ISO, general compliance and/or risk-based compliance, yielding a comprehensive understanding of technology and best practices
- CISA, CISSP or other related technology governance certifications a plus
- Strong knowledge of security controls around data encryption, authentication, access control and network transmission
- Programming experience in Sharepoint, HTML/CSS, Python/scripting language
- Experience in building dashboards/reports a plus
- Familiarity in application security, cloud technologies (IaaS, SaaS environments, etc.), and web technologies.
- Good understanding of Core Business processes and underlying technologies is preferred
- Analytical / Innovative / Creative thinker
- Ability to take direction, learn quickly, work independently
- Strong project management/organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to comfortably communicate to all levels of management
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Whether it's a smartphone or tablet app, a game, a video, a digital magazine, a website, or an online experience, chances are that it was touched by Adobe technology. Our tools and services enable our customers to create groundbreaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, and then continually measure and optimize it based on user data. By providing complete solutions that combine digital media creation with data-driven marketing, we help businesses improve their communications, strengthen their brands, and ultimately achieve greater business success.
Adobe's business is focused on the opportunities in two key growth markets—Digital Media and Digital Marketing.
Adobe's content authoring solutions lead the industry, enabling our customers to more effectively produce, distribute, and monetize digital content.
Adobe delivers the most innovative solutions for optimizing marketing campaigns and maximizing return on every marketing dollar.
Software, Creative Cloud, Digital Marketing, Web Experience Management, Digital Media, Creative Suite, Digital Publishing, Photoshop, Online Analytics, Illustrator, Touch Apps, Acrobat, Mobile Apps, Social Marketing, Web Marketing, Social Measurement
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+