Data Security Engineer
Join a diverse community of creative and analytical thinkers
From developing cutting-edge technology and products to collaborating with exceptional employees, customers, partners and serving our communities, you have an opportunity to make a difference and be successful.
Adobe's Security Organization is looking for a Data Security Engineer to join the team in the San Jose office. This position requires a technical background with an analytical mindset to facilitate data security compliance as outlined in our Data Classification and Handling policies. Further, this role will support developing remediation efforts needed to maintain data security management compliance. The ideal candidate has familiarity with full cycle data processing in a corporate environment with emphasis on security attainment via data flow analysis, data scanning, database security, encryption, Data Loss Prevention technology and PII data protection. Familiarity with corporate compliance requirements, (i.e. SOX, SOC2, PCI) is a big plus.
What you’ll do
- Support the data security management program across Adobe through realization of Adobe’s Data Management Policies and Standards
- Identify and define security requirements for internal and external applications
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures for application and infrastructure security
- Conduct end to end application architecture design reviews to ensure compliance with security policies and standards
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, risk assessment and propositions for security enhancement
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help automate repeatable tasks
- Drive internal teams on remediating compliance concerns and assign risk owners where necessary
- Data mapping of end to end flows through relevant PII environments
- Drive initiatives to achieve compliance with Legal policies around data retention and deletion
- Evangelize adoption of strategies and culture to maintain data security compliance
What you need to succeed
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of relevant experience working in a Security organization with familiarity of data security, encryption technologies and application security.
- PCIP, CISA, CISSP or comparable information security work experience is a plus
- Knowledge of IT auditing, IT Risk Management and IT GRC
- Minimum 3 years experience preferred in any of the following: SOX, PCI, ISO, general compliance and/or risk-based compliance, yielding a comprehensive understanding of technology and best practices
- Analytical / Innovative / Creative thinker
- Demonstration of strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Whether it's a smartphone or tablet app, a game, a video, a digital magazine, a website, or an online experience, chances are that it was touched by Adobe technology. Our tools and services enable our customers to create groundbreaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, and then continually measure and optimize it based on user data. By providing complete solutions that combine digital media creation with data-driven marketing, we help businesses improve their communications, strengthen their brands, and ultimately achieve greater business success.
Adobe's business is focused on the opportunities in two key growth markets—Digital Media and Digital Marketing.
Adobe's content authoring solutions lead the industry, enabling our customers to more effectively produce, distribute, and monetize digital content.
Adobe delivers the most innovative solutions for optimizing marketing campaigns and maximizing return on every marketing dollar.
Software, Creative Cloud, Digital Marketing, Web Experience Management, Digital Media, Creative Suite, Digital Publishing, Photoshop, Online Analytics, Illustrator, Touch Apps, Acrobat, Mobile Apps, Social Marketing, Web Marketing, Social Measurement
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+