IT Security Engineer
Building a Global Marketplace for Space
Big challenges. Beautiful solutions.
The ITX Security team is responsible for securing Airbnb’s corporate systems, network infrastructure, client endpoints, services and data. Our mission is to provide a secure computing environment to the Airbnb team, help architect and build corporate infrastructure securely at scale, and enable new business functions. Airbnb is a community built on trust, and we are an important part of that foundation.
We are a team focused on proactive security and are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building and defending.
- Provide subject matter expertise on authentication, systems and network architecture security
- Provide security expertise and guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies
- Perform security assessments of core corporate and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers and networks against exploitation
- Build and / or implement tools that aid in enhancing the security posture of corporate infrastructure and tools
- Collaborate with CSIRT and Production Security teams on cross-functional projects to secure our services and data
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the threat landscape and experience with attacks and mitigation methods
- Ability to develop tools using an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Security generalist with a firm grasp of or meaningful experience in many of the following areas:
- Operating systems internals and hardening (OS X, Linux, Windows)
- Application level security controls for client endpoints
- Networking protocols and operations
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- AWS & cloud (SaaS) security
- Vulnerability management and remediation
- Applied cryptography and key management
- Authentication, authorization and directory services
- Security information and event management
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have satellite offices in Dublin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Milan, Copenhagen, Berlin, Moscow, São Paolo, Sydney, and Singapore.
travel accommodations, collaborative economy, hospitality
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 1,001-5000