Security Solutions Architect
Join our growing, global team
We're hiring in Cambridge, MA, and around the world!
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Together, we innovate, collaborate, and shape the future of the hyperconnected world. Join us.
Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai's enterprise customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate with customer web sites, develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions. You will consult with customers on their security posture, especially as it’s related to their web sites and applications. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
- Work as a member of a cross functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
- Own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
- Integrate Akamai's Solutions including Dynamic Site Accelerator, Site Defender, Web Application Firewall, Global Traffic Manager, and more.
- Assess and analyze customer’s web applications and web traffic to help identify threats and potential vulnerabilities
- Create and implement custom web application firewall rules
- Assist customers with DDoS and threat mitigation
- Partner with Business Support, Sales, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Care to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, integrations, or post implementation support.
- Accurately scope implementation timelines for integrations.
- Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
- Review configurations with other Professional Service team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy. Akamai’s Professional Services team calls upon its Internet and Security expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 2,000 Akamai customers.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Physics, another related technical field or its equivalent or
- Relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Physics, another related technical field or its equivalent.
- 2 years of experience with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers, or relevant course work.
- 2 years of related experience, such as technical support, web application development, security consulting, security architect.
- 2 years of experience creating and delivering advanced network and security solutions (routing/switching, IDS/IPS, Firewall/VPN, Security Event Management, Data Loss Prevention, Web Application Protection) for strategic business initiatives.
- Industry recognized security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, etc.).
- Experience in the web application security field.
- Experience with exploits, vulnerabilities, and attack detection signatures.
- Experience with web application firewall (WAF) concepts and technologies.
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
- IT solution delivery experience, preferably within a consulting organization.
- Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP network debugging with tcpdump/wireshark or similar.
- Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics.
- Working knowledge of the full software development lifecycle.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more at www.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.
Akamai helps businesses connect the hyperconnected, empowering them to transform and reinvent their business online. We remove the complexities of technology so you can focus on driving your business faster forward – enabling you to embrace trends like cloud, mobile and media, while overcoming the challenges presented by security threats and the need to reach users globally.
Customers trust our cloud platform to securely deliver high-performing user experiences to any device, anywhere. Reaching globally and delivers locally, The Akamai Intelligent Platform™, provides customers with unmatched reliability, security, and visibility into their online businesses.
Media, Application Acceleration, Cloud, Security, Online Events, Streaming, Mobile, eCommerce, SaaS, Connected Devices
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000