Information Security Tools Engineer
Join an Employee Powered team
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. .
Role Summary The Information Security Tools Engineer develops and designs integrations to support the overall security posture at Alaska Air Group (AAG). This role builds automations and integrations with the Threat Defense team, develops new tools, and maintains security infrastructure.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports information security activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Partners with Security Architecture and Threat Defense to design and engineer security solutions.
- Develops tools integrations to drive efficiency in the Incident Response and Threat Hunting Lifecycle.
- Integrates security requirements into technology lifecycle management and contributes to multiple, large, complex application projects with cross-functional teams and business users.
- Leverages creative thinking and innovation, with pragmatic outcomes, that build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others.
- Drives continuous process and technology improvements.
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of dev-ops engineering experience.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 3 years of development experience.
- Cloud Security experience (AWS and Azure), including both IaaS and PaaS models.
- Experience integrating diverse systems (e.g., SIEM, Log Aggregation, AV/AM, Enterprise Detection and Response, Threat Intel and other tools) to drive efficiency in Incident Response and Threat Hunting.
- Experience coding with Python or Ruby and providing integrations with REST or SOAP API?s.
- Proven experience developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines, operating under tight time constraints.
- Experience monitoring trends in information technology, identity & access, and security that could have an impact on the security of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and clearly communicate across vast sections of IT and the business, including company leaders.
- Demonstrated experience making articulate and effective verbal and written presentations to different audiences.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science, systems engineering, information technology, management information systems, or a related discipline, is preferred.
- Industry certification in information security (e.g. CISA, CISSP, and/or GIAC), is preferred.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
A few helpful tips when applying -
Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
We were born in a state where aviation is a way of life, not a choice, and where people help each other because they believe it's the right thing to do — not because they're supposed to. Much has changed over the years, but our unique heritage continues to serve as our compass point — our own magnetic "North."
Our values have been a part of who we are since our early beginnings in the state of Alaska. We believe this combination of pride in our heritage and passion for our shared values has led to our success in setting the standard for genuine and caring service.
Alaska Airlines and our sister carrier, Horizon Air, together serve 111 destinations in the Lower 48, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Costa Rica and Mexico. Our hubs are in Anchorage, Seattle, Portland and Los Angeles.
Customer Service, Travel, Cargo, Charter, Vacation Packages, Mileage Plan, Group Sales
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+