Sr Network Security Engineer
Join an Employee Powered team
Job ID: 27861
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Title: Sr Network Security Engineer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Network and Security Solutions
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the premier airline for people on the West Coast and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. .
Role Summary The Senior Network Security Engineer supports a small team of security focused engineers within a larger Network and Security Engineering team. The successful candidate maintains, configures, upgrades, and assists with design and implementation of technologies that secure our enterprise network. This position requires a keen customer-first focus, lean-in attitude, and an outstanding sense of ownership that drives issues to resolution, regardless of root cause. Key to your success will be the application of interpersonal skills and ability to foster and grow business relationships due to daily interaction with internal and external customers. The successful candidate will be a great troubleshooter with strength in all layers of the OSI stack.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports xxx activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Collaboration with Enterprise Architects to develop solutions to meet business requirements, including developing RFPs, vendor evaluations, industry research, production evaluation, and proofs of concept.
- Evangelizes security program fundamentals across the OSI model and acts as a consultative partner with Enterprise IT and Business teams.
- Ensures appropriate collection and analysis of technical, functional requirements based on customer use cases and business requirements into security design deliverables.
- Designs and implements security controls that are built and engineered to meet compliance requirements, including internal controls, as well as SOX and PCI controls (to include IPS/IDS, URL Filtering, and DDoS protection).
- Installs and configures firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco ASA).
- Designs, configures, and troubleshoots site-to-site IPSEC VPNs on Cisco router and firewall platforms.
- Designs, configures, and troubleshoots remote access VPN solutions, including Cisco AnyConnect and Juniper/Pulse SSL VPN.
- Designs, configures, and troubleshoots DMVPN topologies.
- Install and configure Cisco IOS routers.
- Composes and writes detailed design and customer documentation.
- Contributes to the continuous process improvement life cycle that drives operational excellence.
- Remains informed of trends and changing technologies as they relate to the field of Information Security.
- Participates in team after hours and on-call rotation as required.
Job-Specific Skills (years of experience, key knowledge, skills & abilities)
- A minimum of 7+ years of hands-on experience managing Cisco and/or Fortinet Firewalls is required.
- 5+ years of operational supporting infrastructure security controls with hands-on experience in the following technologies: WAFs, IDS/IPS, Antivirus, File Integrity Monitoring, DLP, IDM/IAM, Encryption is required.
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise environments of at least 5,000 users is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of IP protocols at all layers of the OSI and IP Standards is required.
- Ability to interpret data captures and debug at the packet level is required.
- Knowledge of Traffic Engineering and Capacity Management is required.
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly team focused environment is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Visio is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills are preferred.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or another directly related IT field, or equivalent experience, is required.
- CCSA and/or CCSE and/or CCNP Security and/or CCNP Security professional certification(s) is/are preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
A few helpful tips when applying -
Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
We were born in a state where aviation is a way of life, not a choice, and where people help each other because they believe it's the right thing to do — not because they're supposed to. Much has changed over the years, but our unique heritage continues to serve as our compass point — our own magnetic "North."
Our values have been a part of who we are since our early beginnings in the state of Alaska. We believe this combination of pride in our heritage and passion for our shared values has led to our success in setting the standard for genuine and caring service.
Alaska Airlines and our sister carrier, Horizon Air, together serve 111 destinations in the Lower 48, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Costa Rica and Mexico. Our hubs are in Anchorage, Seattle, Portland and Los Angeles.
Customer Service, Travel, Cargo, Charter, Vacation Packages, Mileage Plan, Group Sales
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+