Manager - Infrastructure Security
If you love to build, to invent, to pioneer on a high performance team that's passionate about operational excellence
—we'd love to hear from you.
Amazon’s World Wide Consumer Information Security Team is the guardian of customer trust. We provide innovative solutions to support Amazonians around the globe—wherever they may be! We touch every element of the business: our corporate offices, our customer service teams, a diverse development community, and many more.
We are looking for a world-class Manager to lead the team in North America. You will have the opportunity to not only drive a team of committed and passionate Security Engineers, but to also share your expertise with others and deliver across all of our lines of business.
Working with Information Security Leadership, you will
- Be a people manager for the team in North America
- Liaise with peers globally at Amazon
- Demonstrate deep, hands-on technical knowledge in Network and Operating System Security
- Assist in the development of multi-year strategic plans for Amazon Information Security.
- Execute program & project management for Infrastructure Security, including planning, design, implementation, change management, and status reporting across multiple teams for high visibility projects.
- Implement continual process improvement and innovation in assessment processes, policies and procedures, and deliver on time, on budget, and with high quality.
Who are you? You have a strong understanding of security and large scale computing solutions. You have prior experience of leading technically focus teams, delivering results, and removing ambiguity. You have experience managing project delivery from inception through go live and operational support. You’re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job. You understand different people have different needs to be productive and strive to develop innovative solutions. You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You’re an Amazonian.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- At least 2 years of team leadership/management experience
- At least 2 years' experience in project planning, resource management and project delivery
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Knowledge of common protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, 802.1x, routing protocols)
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with agile program management methodologies
- Experience with one or more of the following: penetration testing, reverse engineering, malware analysis, incident response, log aggregation and analysis
- Information Security certifications are encouraged
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
e-Commerce, Retail, Operations, Internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Cloud Security Architect
- Cloud Security Architect
- Cloud Security Strategist
- Information Security, Security Assessor
- Manager, Information Security
- Security Architect, AmazonBooks Systems
- Security Engineer
- Security Engineer - Penetration Tester - Finance Business Services
- Security Engineer Intern
- Security Engineering Manager - Penetration Testing
- Security Operations Engineer, AWS