Security Engineering Manager - Penetration Testing
Innovation is in our DNA
It's still Day 1 at Amazon--come build the future with us.
Help us protect not only the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing environment but all of our customers as well! Since 2006, our great team at AWS has been enabling our customers to bring great ideas to life in ways that aren’t possible in traditional IT environments. With AWS you can flexibly harness compute, storage, security, and other services from across the globe as your business demands them.
AWS Security is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member’s growth as our business grows.
We are looking for a Security Engineering Manager to lead our penetration testing team to help validate that our services, applications, and websites are secured against the latest threats. You will be responsible for managing a team of security engineers and third party vendors conducting penetration tests, evolving the security assurance process, manage third party vendors, and creating metrics to demonstrate your team’s performance. You will help set the direction for a team of security professionals that is responsible for all AWS products and services. This role combines long term strategic planning to raise the bar on security across the enterprise with the excitement and challenge of quickly reacting to new threat scenarios.
As a Technical Manager III at Amazon, you will be expected to speak authoritatively on behalf of your team and your technical knowledge should demonstrate both depth and breadth. You will be responsible for your team’s organizational structure and how that team works within the context of the larger AWS Security team. Leveraging the strengths of individual team members, delegating tasks appropriately and managing delivery of long term projects will all be critical tasks for this role. A Technical Manager III has deep knowledge in their domain and is a sought after thought leader across the organization. They have both management and technical expertise and actively participate in the organization’s planning processes.
Managers in this role must define metrics to quickly and accurately present the team’s performance and variance against its goals. They must also participate in and/or coordinate segments of cross-AWS initiatives, communicating status and results effectively across the division. A Technical Manager III is expected to seek out stretch assignments for your current team and foster their professional career development.
- Team management, growth, and organization
- Professional development of team members
- Project management
- Metrics and projections
- Driving security initiatives
- Process Improvement
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly managing a team of at least five engineers
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience driving large, cross-organization initiatives
- Experience managing communication with geographically distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially experience with executive-level communications
- Skilled at explaining complex technical issues in terms understandable by the business
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with vulnerability risk and impact assessment
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience providing training and mentorship
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
e-Commerce, Retail, Operations, Internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Information Security, Security Assessor
- Manager - Infrastructure Security
- Security Architect, AmazonBooks Systems
- Security Engineer
- Security Engineer - Penetration Tester - Finance Business Services
- Security Engineer – Vulnerability Management
- Senior Security Engineer - AWS IoT Platform
- Sr. Security Engineer