Senior Security Engineer - AWS IoT Platform
Innovation is in our DNA
It's still Day 1 at Amazon--come build the future with us.
IoT refers to a system of physical devices, from cars, light bulbs, sensor grids and more, that connect to the Internet. AWS IoT is revolutionizing industries and has emerged as a leading innovator in the interconnected device space. Our aim is to offer the most scalable, secure and robust IoT platform enabling industries and businesses to do more with less scaling to billions of devices and trillions of messages.
We are seeking security engineers with a focus on embedded-systems security to join us as we build completely new services that will impact every single device that is connected with AWS IoT. As a Senior Security Engineer with IoT, you will have a critical role in devising techniques that can make (or break!) IoT devices. A successful candidate will be effective in developing security tools and techniques that can be used on the smallest of devices and the largest of IoT fleets. You will be comfortable leading vulnerability assessments, threat hunting and be able to connect with the security community, both inside and outside Amazon. You will also mentor junior team members and play a leading role in defining the direction for a team of developers and leaders across the organization. Above all, a successful candidate will be a self-starter, have strong judgement and an obsession with preserving customer trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 4+ years of hands-on industry experience in embedded system/SCADA domains
- Strong knowledge of one or more programming languages like C and C++ and one scripting language
- Familiar with system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing, development of exploits and incident response.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complicated concepts in a simple manner
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or any engineering discipline & 5+ years of hands-on industry experience
- Prior experience with security in multiple domains (Network security, System/OS security) and experience with compliance regimes (SOX, HIPPA, FedRamp etc.)
- Exposure to machine learning/statistics as applied to the security space
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
e-Commerce, Retail, Operations, Internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Information Security, Security Assessor
- Manager - Infrastructure Security
- Security Architect, AmazonBooks Systems
- Security Engineer
- Security Engineer - Penetration Tester - Finance Business Services
- Security Engineer – Vulnerability Management
- Security Engineering Manager - Penetration Testing
- Sr. Security Engineer