Information Security Manager
Challenge Every Day
It’s more than protecting systems and data. It’s protecting people.
You won’t just see the problem coming, you’ll see the solution.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
Do you have what it takes to lead the way in cyber security?
- BS or MS degree in Business Administration or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of information security management experience
- Knowledge in technology infrastructure security, networking, databases, systems and/or Web
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to present solutions and anticipate obstacles to complex business problems
- Strong self-starter with an ability to navigate successfully through ambiguity to provide recommendations on project direction
- Working knowledge of Sox and PCI-DSS
- Experience with Agile and SDLC Waterfall project management
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time and on budget
- Preferred: PMI or Agile Scrum Certification
- Preferred: CISM or CISSP Certification
At the core of Information Security Management.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Risk Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Case Development
- Industry and Company Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
Financial Services, Business Travel, Corporate Card, Network Services, Merchants Services
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+