Cyber Policy/Compliance Undergraduate Part-Time Faculty
The candidate that is hired for this position will be required to teach at our local campus in Dallas, TX. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
University of Phoenix College of Information Systems and Technology offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that provide students with the skills needed to tackle the demand of the fast-paced technology industry. The College of IS&T also offers a variety of industry aligned certificates to help students prepare for over 40 key industry certifications, from companies like Microsoft®, Cisco®, Oracle® and CompTIA®. The college’s interactive curriculum gives students virtual access to tools used by IT professionals and to training materials that further prepare them for industry certification.
As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click link below to see course description.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
Master's degree or higher in the discipline of Cyber Security and all experience specified in the Required Experience section below and a minimum of 5 years professional verifiable work experience in IT with currency within the last 3 years.
Master's degree or higher plus 18 graduate credits in related discipline of Cyber Security, Information Security, Information Assurance and/or Computer Forensics and all experience specified in the Required Experience section below and a minimum of 5 years professional verifiable work experience in IT with currency within the last 3 years.
Master's degree or higher in any area and 5 years professional experience in Cyber Security or directly related field with responsibility for cyber security, computer forensics, computer monitoring and/or cyber security related IT processes, or IT staff as a PRIMARY job function (must have all experience specified in the Required Experience section below) and currency within the last 3 years.
- Two years administering enterprise-level systems (i.e., ERP, EDI, Intranet/Extranet architectures).
- Two-years hands-on experience securing operating systems, networks, web-based and wireless technologies, and/or intrusion detection monitoring systems.
- Experience IT security planning and employing prevention measures/implementing IT security processes.
- Experience in the general use of network communications, operating systems, database and web-based systems.
- Evidence/experience in the development and management of 'Risk Management' in an Information Technology organization or department, to include security, disaster recovery, and back-up systems.
- Evidence/experience in the development of strategic business plans which have incorporated Information Technology as a tactical and/or strategic element.
- Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Professional work experience must be within IT and apply directly to the Content Area.
- 2 years of experience teaching IT courses at a higher education level or significant experience to the development of post-secondary IT curriculum in the position of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Instructional Designer can be applied toward the 5 year experience requirement.
- Consultancy/Home-based Businesses: If candidates experience primarily comes from consultancy or a home-based business, additional information may be requested for verification; otherwise, consulting and/or home-basedbusinesses may only be used towards the currency requirement when using work experience to qualify.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Academic Affairs
Virtual Eligible No
Requisition ID 2017-9182
Position Type Part-Time
Apollo Education Group
Company Size: 1