Senior Security Engineer
Product Security at Autodesk
Our team of security experts helps Autodesk design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are embedding security in the full spectrum of how we build our products from inception, design, development, testing to how we are running them in the cloud as well as how we are responding to any existing or emerging threats to our products or the building blocks of our products and services. Our job is to be one step ahead of the bad guys and use expertise, technology and other resources to thwart their efforts to compromise our products and the environment in which they operate. Our team keeps a single-minded focus on protecting our customer’s data and their investment in our products by strengthening our applications, underlying services and network.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer with 7-10 years of experience to join our Autodesk team. The ideal candidate will collaborate closely with thousands of software engineers across Autodesk in order to help them design, develop, and test with a security-first mindset.
As a Senior Security Engineer, your primary responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with Autodesk’s technical teams
- Functioning as a technical point of contact for product teams as it relates to application security
- Assisting and/or leading security lifecycle architecture and technical assessments
- Completing and reviewing threat models for various Autodesk desktop and cloud-based applications
- Enabling effective security testing, such as static and dynamic analysis, of numerous products
- Improving the accessibility of security through automation, continuous integration pipelines, and other means
- Consulting on security architectures related to desktop applications, web applications, and mobile/cloud computing products and services
- Working with security architects on new projects and mitigation of risks in existing projects
- Working with security architects to ensure high quality standards for security
- Helping guide security requirements and objectives for product features
This position might be for you if:
- You have experience in various aspects of application security, such as threat modeling, security testing, and/or security controls
- You have strong hands-on experience in application development, such as coding, testing, architecture, etc. (7-10 years)
- You aim to influence software security across an organization
- You enjoy security research and learning
- You excel in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment
Over 100 million people use Autodesk software like AutoCAD, Revit, Maya, 3ds Max, Fusion 360, SketchBook, and more to unlock their creativity and solve important design, business and environmental challenges. Our software runs on both personal computers and mobile devices and taps the infinite computing power of the cloud to help teams around the world collaborate, design, simulate and fabricate their ideas in 3D.
Autodesk is consistently named a Great Place to Work®, globally. We provide exceptional compensation/benefit packages and we’d love for you to join us. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we consider all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category. To see our culture in action, check out #AutodeskLife.
We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and have more than 9000 employees worldwide.
Fortune Best Companies to Work For in the Bay Area Great Place to Work in the UK, Canada, Singapore, & Germany PEOPLE's 50 Companies That Care 100 Best Companies to Work For in America, Fortune Magazine 50 Best Workplaces for Giving Back, Fortune Magazine Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Corporate Equality Index
Fortune's 25 Best Global Companies to Work For (#8) World's Best Multinational Workplaces Great Place to Work Laureate Award Fortune's Best Company Work For 2016 (#54)
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000