Advanced Cyber Technology Systems Engineer
Areas of Interest: Information Assurance (IA) Compliance, Technology Research and Development, Test and Evaluation, Vulnerability Assessment and Management
report a problem
- Alternate Job Title: Eng Sr Prin II - Sys
- Job ID: 29163BR
- Posting Date: 2017-07-21
- Travel Percentage: 25%
- Location: Hudson, NH 03051-5228
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI Eligible
BAE Systems is looking for an Advanced Cyber Technology Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will work on a high performance, multi-disciplinary team to identify, develop, assess and deploy cyber engineering capabilities. Tasks may include 1) establishing and operating a Cyber/IA Lab, 2) researching and updating organizational processes to implement defense-in-depth solutions, 3) evaluate and assess cyber/IA technologies for application to BAE System programs, 4) develop processes and infrastructure for adversarial testing (vulnerability assessments and penetration testing), and 5) develop and lead a Red Team capability. This position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms, mission applications, and components for intelligence and defense customers with emphasis on Electronic Warfare (EW), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Mission Management, and Geospatial Intelligence.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Knowledge and experience with offensive cyber capabilities (threat modeling, attack modeling, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and Red Team leadership)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 15+ year(s) related experience
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Knowledge and experience with BAE Systems engineering processes and program culture
- Ability to conduct applied research focused on capability development and best practice integration
- Ability to perform business requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile Objectives and iterative development schedules
- Ability to develop and execute business strategy, communicate with senior leadership, and mentor cyber engineers
- Proven ability to develop and present content inside BAE Systems Cyber/IA Community of Practice
- Active Security Clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of Agile management tools (e.g., SAFe Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience leading penetration testing teams
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Share this job:
BAE Systems - Electronic Systems
Help us secure a connected world.
The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. Today, we have over 2,800 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
Company Industry: Defense & Space
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+