Summer Intern - Cyber Research
Areas of Interest: Cyber Operations, Software Assurance and Security Engineering, Technology Research and Development
report a problem
- Alternate Job Title: Tech Intern HS & Seasonal
- Job ID: 26003BR
- Posting Date: 2017-06-07
- Travel Percentage: 0%
- Location: Arlington, VA 22203-1635
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Required Security Clearance: None
BAE Systems is seeking a summer intern at our Arlington, VA location. Join us for amazing challenges and work on cool, next-generation cyber technology that makes a direct real-world impact.
BAE Systems’ Cyber & Communications Technologies (CCT) product line is the leading research and development organization dedicated to U.S. Cyber Security and Cyber Warfare needs. We are the cyber R&D engine for all of BAE Systems North America, yet run like a boutique firm. It’s the best of both worlds – combining a small-company feel, our own facility, and unparalleled access to a large company’s resources and customer base.
We are a high growth, entrepreneurial organization that develops state-of-the-art software to support our customers. We deliver solutions to the U.S.’ most challenging cyber and networking needs:
- Cyber Operation & Systems
- Malware Analysis
- Vulnerability discovery
- Vehicle and platform cyber security
- Mathematical modeling of program behaviors
- Adaptive software
- Networking & Cyber Communications
- Secure high performance communications
- Wireless and MANET protocols
- Distributed system analysis
You will work with senior developers and researchers to support software development, and test the software with simulated and real data. You will work closely with a mentor who will help guide you on tasks and ensure the tasks are challenging and interesting.
This position offers significant growth opportunities and technical challenges. You will:
- Receive technical mentoring from engineering staff
- Learn and grow your fundamental technical skills
- Have a first-hand view of post-graduation engineering opportunities at BAE Systems
Internships have been a primary path to full-time employment for new graduates in our group.
Required Skills and Education:
- Minimum Education: Rising high school senior with interest in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- Minimum Skillset: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience in software development.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Preferred Skillset: Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Experience using analytic toolkits such as Matlab, Octave, or Analytic Solver Platform.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Share this job:
BAE Systems - Electronic Systems
Help us secure a connected world.
The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. Today, we have over 2,800 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
Company Industry: Defense & Space
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
8 other jobs with this company:
- Advanced Cyber Security Engineer
- Advanced Cyber Technology Systems Engineer
- Cyber Security Engineer - Information Assurance
- Cyber Security Engineer - Penetration Test, Threat Assessment
- Embedded Software Engineer - Security/Cryptography
- Information Assurance/Security Engineering Program Manager
- Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Malware Analyst