Cyber Security Hunt Team - Data Scientist
The overall role will support strategic cyber risk analysis discussions through repeatable, data driven, quantitative methods using all available data sources. We need candidates who can identify data gaps and help drive data strategy within GIS Data Services.
This role will involve working directly with security operators and leaders throughout GIS to develop solutions to complex predictive analytic problems involving diverse input data sources including real time data. This person will be expected to work alongside a team of Hadoop engineers to develop theories using security data, analyze the requirements of our stakeholders and provide expertise in a fairly complex technical environment.
The ideal candidates should be comfortable during technical demonstrations and be able to discuss the specifics of machine learning algorithms and preprocessing methods. The candidate will be supporting our operation teams by providing expertise in exploratory data analysis, pattern discovery and advanced analytical techniques (e.g. neural networks, deep learning) to anticipate or detect undiscovered threats.
Success for this role will be achieved by identifying previously undiscovered intrusions or by improving the bank’s security posture or the measurement thereof. The goal is to create new strategic and tactical value from security relevant data through the dedicated exploration, analysis and investigation of that data using leading edge analytic technologies and techniques.
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Perl or C++
- Understanding of the Hadoop platform (e.g. MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Spark, Flume, Kafka) and related Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of R or SAS
- Fluency with SQL on one or more relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres or Oracle
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of cyber security experience with subject matter expertise in one or more domain areas of cyber security
- Educational background in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science or Engineering
- Hands-on experience integrating predictive or other analytical models in corporate environments
- Strong stakeholder interaction skills similar to those of a technical consultant
- Demonstrable experience integrating application programming interfaces (APIs) of varying type
- Skill in applying machine learning techniques such as deep learning, recommender systems or natural language processing to statistical problems using such tools as Mahout, scikit-learn or MLLib
- Compelling ranking on Kaggle
Enterprise Role Overview:
Senior contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, and engineering information security (authentication, perimeter security, security & compliance tools, etc) & directory technology systems (software & hardware) and security policies / procedures. Utilizes in-depth technical / project knowledge and business requirements to design secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Serves as organization spokesperson on specialized projects. Acts as a prime consultant on large projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Provides direction and guidance to others in the group. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from Technical or Senior Technical Manager. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
Posting Date: 05/24/2017
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.
Bank of America
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+