Senior IT Security Engineer
Looking to join our team?
The Senior Information Security Engineer has seasoned experience in Cybersecurity and is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and systems related to the corporate and e-commerce infrastructures. You possess the ability to perform risk assessments and audits, analyze and respond to security incidents, design and implement solutions improving security posture, and conduct penetration testing where required. You will serve as an SME to interface with business administrators as well as IT professionals in communicating security flaws in systems and solutions, recommending changes that will improve security, and creating documentation with regards to security policy and incidents.
- Serve as SME for security design and solutions
- Responsible for IAM and workflow design
- Collect and test PCI/SOX data
- Review, analyze, respond to, and report on security violations/alerts
- Perform data classification and risk assessment
- Configure, support, evaluate, and recommend security tools
- Test application security for a digital environment
- Assist in developing security awareness training
- Articulate security best practices to other IT groups as well as end users
- Participate in a 24x7 Incident Response Team
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends, attack vectors, and methodologies
- Certification(s) from organizations such as GIAC, ISC(2), ISACA, CompTIA a plus
- Hands-on experience with endpoint and network security technologies such as malware analysis, firewalls,IDS/IPS, web and email content filtering, vulnerability management, IAM, and SIEM
- Knowledge of Application Security and testing
- Knowledge of compliance areas such as PCI and SOX
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO 27002
- Knowledge of BCP and DR processes and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service attitude and perspective
- Willingness to travel between NY offices when required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 5-7 years of experience in network/data security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent required
Barnes & Noble, Inc.
We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+