Security Compliance Engineer III
Power Your Passion!
Use your skills to change the world!
Blackbaud is the leading provider of software solutions to the global philanthropic community, focused on fundraising, financial management, CRM, marketing and more. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
The Cyber Security Compliance Engineer is an advanced-level position that requires experience in defining, documenting and managing risk and significant business related judgment. The successful candidate shall have expert knowledge of compliance standards, as well as experience managing audits, and technical knowledge sufficient to support Data Center and cloud hosted environments. Analyzes and evaluates IT risk. Partners with technical leads in analyzing findings and the development of remediation plans, security controls, procedures, and standards. Responds to client questions, authors and publishes whitepapers on security and compliance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and use techniques, process, procedures, and utilities for assessing risks to the company's information systems
- Work with both internal and external resources to conduct security audits, address gaps, and ensure compliance with regulatory and industry requirements
- Identifies information security risks and exposures by conducting risk assessments, presenting results to management, ensuring visibility of significant risks. Identifies and conducts routine security and compliance assessments of business processes, identifies findings, mitigating controls, and presents assessment reports to management and key stakeholders.
- Provides consultation, guidance, and assistance to Senior Security Engineers and Architects on the design, implementation, and operation of appropriate technical, physical, and administrative controls to ensure the protection and compliance of the company's sensitive information systems
- Assist in the research of architectural issues for information security compliance requirements. Ensure new designs address compliance requirements.
- Work with Corporate Compliance to facilitate audits
- Communicate and provide regular updates to Management
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems and procedures
What we’ll want you to have:
- College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in IT Security and threat detection.
- A combination of experience, education, and training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Expert knowledge of the PCI-DSS and SOC standards
- Experience with GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) system management The Cyber Security Compliance Engineer should possess knowledge of the following concepts, skills and technologies:
- Applications, network architecture, multiple platforms and new technologies from a security perspective to include, but not limited to, Firewalls; Intrusion Detection/Protection Systems; Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows); Networking (switches, routers, protocols, etc.); Network Services and Security Vulnerabilities; Network Architecture; Remote Access; Multi-factor Authentication; Platform Security (Application, Database, OS); Antivirus; Cryptography; Active Directory; and high-level programming languages
- Vulnerability Analysis, Risk Analysis, Mitigation Plans, Incident Response, Configuration Management, Systems Security Planning and Security Evaluation and Testing
- Certified Reverse Engineering Engineer (CREA)
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, commission, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café.
- How many times have you been asked, what do you do for a living? Here at Blackbaud, we ask why instead of what. We work on issues that impact the world, including improving education, health and the environment. Imagine if you knew that your work can make a direct impact on making the world a better place? We are always looking for incredible, mission-driven individuals to join our team.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000