Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist
Unleash your potential at Blue Canopy
Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We’re focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a Full-Time Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist to provide Onsite support in Washington, DC/Reston, VA; 15% - 25% local travel required.
The Sr. Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist will provide analytic support in the areas of dependency and interdependency analysis, analysis of cascading impacts, and cyber/physical risks to critical infrastructure. The Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist will provide proactive and reactive end-to-end threat intelligence services to help protect external facing and internal based computing assets, data, and Government clients. The position will also help support key, high profile cyber security related activities and projects, including support the Government agency’s incident management program.
- Researches, analyzes, interprets, evaluates, and integrates complex data from multiple intelligence sources.
- Possesses a strong understanding of intrusion sets.
- Performs Cyber Threat Analysis - must be able to identify threat and develop threat vulnerability assessment.
- Provides actionable intelligence for enterprise risk reduction and remediation by partnering with key groups in identifying and driving risk remediation approaches to current and emerging threats.
- Exhibits strong critical thinking/writing skills - prepares extensive assessments, documents, and disseminates information through reports and briefs to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develops complex analytical approaches to problems and situations for which data is incomplete, controversial, or no precedent exists.
- Develops/Leads and briefs senior leadership regarding critical best practices/capabilities pertaining to cyber issues.
- Develops innovative approaches to analyze and validate analytical conclusions.
- Maintains and updates databases, systems, and mechanisms for sharing relevant intelligence information to support ongoing and projected projects.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- 8+ years of cyber threat intelligence experience, performing threat monitoring and assessment, with Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree, or equivalent experience within related field. Knowledge of network and server based attacks and mitigation methods.
- Experience summarizing complex information security concepts and ongoing threat events for management consumption.
- An understanding of commonly used targeted attack techniques, tactics, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including forensics reports and investigation summaries
- Previous experience with threat intelligence tools and platforms.
- Previous experience in cyber intelligence or related disciplines.
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, etc.
- Industry certification such as Network+, Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other related courses
Clearance Required: Candidate must be able to receive a Public Trust 6c Clearance with Department of Education/Federal Student Aid.
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent Care and commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
Blue Canopy Group, LLC
BLUE CANOPY GROUP
An award-winning provider of technology services in the public sector since 2001, Blue Canopy Group is one of the fastest growing woman-owned businesses in the Washington DC region. A two-time member of the INC. 500, our focus is on delivering outcomes that matter by combining governance, process improvement, and the best use of technology.
What makes Blue Canopy unique? We feature transparent, scalable technology solutions to match your budget requirements. Our “easy to do business with” reputation can lead to improved performance and increased savings. Blue Canopy transforms the way you do business with leading innovative, mission-relevant technology solutions:
• Mission Support Services
• Agile Development
• Cloud & Mobility
• Cyber Security
• Big Data Analytics
Recognized as one of the most promising Big Data companies in the USA, Blue Canopy serves Federal government agencies and organizations including the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence community, as well as business enterprises. Our customer satisfaction rating is among the highest in the industry.
Recent recognition as a “Star Warfighter” is a sure sign of our commitment to our nation’s armed forces.
TOP WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT
In 2014, The Washington Post named Blue Canopy as one of the Top Workplaces in the region. Unleash your potential at Blue Canopy. We are looking for talented people who have a strong desire and willingness to succeed in a competitive business environment.
Mission Support Services, Cloud & Mobility, Agile Development, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500