Unleash your potential at Blue Canopy
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a Full Time Security Assessor/Penetration Tester to provide offsite support in Woodlawn, MD
- Conduct network and web-based application penetration tests
- Provide advisement on countermeasures to mitigate threats
- Conduct physical security assessments and wireless security assessments as required
- Develop subject matter expertise of focused capabilities in the topics of network security, database security, wireless security, or application and development security
- Perform IT security research to remain current on emerging technology trends and develop exploits for disclosed and undisclosed vulnerabilities
- What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of IT experience to include 2+ years of experience in either information security, development, or system/network administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent education or work experience.
- Programming experience with focus on development, security, or process automation
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP ports and protocols
- Working proficiency with Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routing, switching, and other network security products
- Familiarity with web proxy tools such as Burp, ZAP, and Fiddler
- Experience looking for security issues such as Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation, Buffer Overflows, etc.
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools and tool suites such as Burp Suite Pro, Kali Linux, Nmap, Metasploit, Nessus, tcpdump, Wireshark, Nikto, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to document security deficiencies write Security Assessment reports, Standard Operating Procedure documents, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner
- U.S. Citizen - must be able to obtain "Public Trust" level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required)
- Expertise in at least one related functional area (network security, reverse engineering, programming, databases, mainframes, web applications, etc.)
- Application/Systems development experience
- An In-Depth familiarity with Linux, MS Windows, or both
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or similar automation tools
- Database administration, device configuration hardening and compliance verification experience
- Familiarity with programming/scripting in multiple languages
- Advanced degree in an IT related field a plus
- Knowledge of applied cryptography
- Familiarity with XML, SOAP, and Ajax
- Ability to conduct source code reviews
- Familiarity with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications, and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
- Offensive Security certifications (OSCP, OSCE, etc.), GIAC certifications (GPEN, GWAPT, etc.), or technology specific certifications (MCSE, LPIC, CCNA, etc.) a plus
Clearance Required: Must be able to obtain “Public Trust” level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required).
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
Blue Canopy Group, LLC
BLUE CANOPY GROUP
An award-winning provider of technology services in the public sector since 2001, Blue Canopy Group is one of the fastest growing woman-owned businesses in the Washington DC region. A two-time member of the INC. 500, our focus is on delivering outcomes that matter by combining governance, process improvement, and the best use of technology.
What makes Blue Canopy unique? We feature transparent, scalable technology solutions to match your budget requirements. Our “easy to do business with” reputation can lead to improved performance and increased savings. Blue Canopy transforms the way you do business with leading innovative, mission-relevant technology solutions:
• Mission Support Services
• Agile Development
• Cloud & Mobility
• Cyber Security
• Big Data Analytics
Recognized as one of the most promising Big Data companies in the USA, Blue Canopy serves Federal government agencies and organizations including the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence community, as well as business enterprises. Our customer satisfaction rating is among the highest in the industry.
Recent recognition as a “Star Warfighter” is a sure sign of our commitment to our nation’s armed forces.
TOP WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT
In 2014, The Washington Post named Blue Canopy as one of the Top Workplaces in the region. Unleash your potential at Blue Canopy. We are looking for talented people who have a strong desire and willingness to succeed in a competitive business environment.
Mission Support Services, Cloud & Mobility, Agile Development, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500