Security Engineer (Splunk) Sr.
Unleash your potential at Blue Canopy
Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We’re focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combing governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a Security Engineer (Splunk) Sr. to provide onsite/offsite support in Washington DC
- Provides strategic support of Splunk integration and deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Must understand, interpret and develop content for SIEM products to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Will coordinate with other organizations (SOC/CSIRT) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the enterprise
- Splunk Enterprise
- Splunk App for Enterprise Security
- Splunk Universal Forwarder
- Splunk Distributed Management Console
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise
- F5 Networks BIG-IP load balancer is a plus
- Technical writing experience:
- Installation/Deployment Procedures
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Security, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 10 years overall IT experience
- 5 or more years’ experience with design, configuration, and support of Splunk 6.x, or similar
- Certified Splunk Architect or Engineer
- Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
- Able to interact with customers and team members and product support personnel
- Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing Use-Cases
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience writing MS SQL expressions
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- IT Service Intelligence
- Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk deployments.
- Basic understanding of Information Security with relevant work experience and/or relevant education/certifications.
- Implementation/support of ArcSight and/or Splunk
- Good verbal and written communication skills are preferred.
- Candidates should possess interpersonal skills and must be fluent in the English language.
- IT Security and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certifications are a plus
- IT Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
- Basic Python scripting skills is a plus.
Clearance Required: US Citizen – Clearable to Public Trust
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
Blue Canopy Group, LLC
BLUE CANOPY GROUP
An award-winning provider of technology services in the public sector since 2001, Blue Canopy Group is one of the fastest growing woman-owned businesses in the Washington DC region. A two-time member of the INC. 500, our focus is on delivering outcomes that matter by combining governance, process improvement, and the best use of technology.
What makes Blue Canopy unique? We feature transparent, scalable technology solutions to match your budget requirements. Our “easy to do business with” reputation can lead to improved performance and increased savings. Blue Canopy transforms the way you do business with leading innovative, mission-relevant technology solutions:
• Mission Support Services
• Agile Development
• Cloud & Mobility
• Cyber Security
• Big Data Analytics
Recognized as one of the most promising Big Data companies in the USA, Blue Canopy serves Federal government agencies and organizations including the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence community, as well as business enterprises. Our customer satisfaction rating is among the highest in the industry.
Recent recognition as a “Star Warfighter” is a sure sign of our commitment to our nation’s armed forces.
TOP WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT
In 2014, The Washington Post named Blue Canopy as one of the Top Workplaces in the region. Unleash your potential at Blue Canopy. We are looking for talented people who have a strong desire and willingness to succeed in a competitive business environment.
Mission Support Services, Cloud & Mobility, Agile Development, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500