The Security Architect will be a technical expert with deep knowledge of various security domains as well as expert knowledge of underlying technologies. This position will be a proven technical leader capable of driving security architecture discipline across the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in development and implementation of security architecture principles and standards. Drive adoption and compliance of these standards across development and infrastructure teams both inside of and under contract with BCBSA.
- Provide hands-on engineering support for technologies owned and operated by the security organization.
- Serve as a core team member of the security architecture function developing functional and technical security requirements and seeing them through the project lifecycle.
- Provide security consulting including design, reviews and recommendations for various IT projects and initiatives.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in various security domains.
- Technology experience preferred: Java/J2EE, strong UNIX administration skills, scripting and automation experience (Perl/Bash/Ruby/Python), strong understanding of cryptography principles and cryptographic algorithms, PKI, strong understanding of networking fundamentals, addressing, TCP/IP, protocol and network analysis.
- Subject matter expertise in web application security.
- Expert in application security and development processes.
- Possess an understanding of systems programming, graphical user interfaces and control languages.
- Significant business knowledge and have three or more areas of concentrated technical expertise.
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Experience designing and developing distributed applications leveraging service-oriented architecture (SOA) principles is preferred.
- CISSP or SANS - GIAC certification preferred.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 501-1000