Information System Security Officer
The Boeing Company is looking for a highly motivated Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Government Cybersecurity team based in Oklahoma City, OK. This individual will support resident site programs. The desired candidate must have strong leadership skills and be collaborative, innovative, efficient, and highly productive with minimal direct supervision.
The ISSO must have knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) supporting the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). The successful ISSO must also be able to guide other stakeholders through effective communication and coordination in a manner that promotes employee involvement, prevents conflict and maintains direction. This role requires effective communication to share information, promote morale, creativity and team building while empowering stakeholders to become more aware, self-reliant and engaged in the information assurance process. Must be able to successfully collaborate and communicate with customers and other government representatives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available: No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Familiar with policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include: NISPOM, ICD-503, JSIG and NIST 800 series special publications.
- Familiar in developing and writing security plans and overseeing security awareness programs per the NISPOM.
- Knowledge of assessing and documenting test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Knowledge of processes and tools to maintain, archive, sanitize, and retrieve digital files.
- Knowledge with relevant tools, systems, and applications to support RMF posture to include: NESSUS/ACAS, DISA STIGs, and HBSS.
- Ability to perform security compliance monitoring and security policy assessments/audits.
- Ability to identify and assess security controls for the following Operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux.
- Working knowledge of multiple security disciplines, such as physical security, document control, COMSEC, investigations, etc.
- IAM Level 1 (or higher) DoD 8570 Certification (i.e. CAP, GSLC, Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, CISM, GSLC).
Applicants MUST include their security clearance level, investigation type and investigation date clearly on their resume, as well as IAM Level 1 DoD 8570 certification.
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award: No
Job Code: BAUNP3
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Cyber Security Assessment Specialist
- Cyber Security Assessment Specialist
- Cyber Security Assessment Specialist (C2BMC)
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Cyber Security Specialist - Level 2
- Cyber Security/Vulnerability Testing Specialist
- Information System Security Officer
- Sr. Cyber Security Assessment Specialist
- Systems Engineer: Cybersecurity / Information Assurance (Mid-Career)