Cloud/IoT/Edge Systems Security Developer
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
With apologies – we are only considering candidates with permanent US Work Authorization documentation or valid H1B Visas.
As impressive as the Cloud has become, it’s brought with it tremendous challenges surrounding the security of your data. IT Security needs to be fluid and dynamic to not only keep up with the changing technology environment but to anticipate the next potential threat our company.
Your role will be to implement new solutions that focus on keeping our systems protected against potential threats from the Cloud. You’ll develop new frameworks and products that provide solutions for enhancing and reinforcing the IT and Web Security needs of your clients.
What you will do as member of Advance Development group:
- Evaluate security assessments of IoT devices and their associated software (firmware, drivers and applications) using industry-standard tools and techniques to evaluate the security posture of these solutions and identify vulnerabilities
- Develop and enhance the re-use strategies, component design, and build processes that will enable dramatic improvements in cycle time, system interoperability, and response time to cybersecurity threats
- Provide design guidance, assess device hardware and software security, and perform ethical hacking activities
- Unique opportunity to build and drive adoption of new and emerging technology into next generation Bosch products
- Build prototypes to validate proof-of-concepts and collaborate with business units to adopt the concept to drive growth and create long term value
Required Skill Set
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hands-on architect role designing and implementing distributed systems
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (C#, Java)
- Experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
- Experience with Application Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with IoT device specific communication/network technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, etc.
- Good understanding of vulnerabilities and attack methods, with the ability to explain security issues such as privilege escalation, buffer overflows, SQLi, etc., how to identify them, and what tools are best used for each
- Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVS and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)) processes and remediation recommendations
Preferred Additional Skills
- Performing security assessments of IoT device communication, firmware and software -- experience with thick-client and mobile applications are a plus
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficient in both Windows Server and Linux Distribution, Ubuntu preferred
- Hands on experience in implementing industry-scale IoT solutions on at least one cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, Bluemix, etc.
This role may not be a fit for you if:
- You’re not interested in designing and developing new methods of securing existing systems against new and ongoing threats
- Are purely an implementation specialist of IT Security
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, Energy and Building Technology, Connected Industries, Internet of Things, Automated Driving, Smart Home
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+