Software Security Engineer
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees.
- A successful candidate will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas with colleagues and management.
- We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge technologies and security techniques.
- The candidate will work closely with engineering, operations and security/compliance teams.
- Be able to understand and debug code written by others
- Provide secure coding practices / methodologies / techniques to multiple development teams
- Foster constructive dialog across functional teams
- Monitor applications and ensure compliance
- Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include project and software development work
- Lead security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Work with engineering, infosec, leadership to ensure all platforms meet a strong security profile.
- Contribute in the design and active development of features with a security voice.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Working knowledge of a wide range of open source technologies (tomcat, spring, hibernate)
- 1+ Years as a software security engineer
You might also have -
- Experience with databases (SQL & NoSQL)
- Experience working with source control systems
- Web development best practices
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Entertainment, Broadcast Media, Cable Television, Interactive Media, Television Production, Television Syndication, Radio, Local Television, Publishing, Outdoor Advertising, Film/Motion Pictures, Licensing and Merchandising, Sustainable Media, Video/DVD
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+