Principal Software Engineer
Change the Game in Cyber Security
We are looking for a Principle level, dynamic, high energy developer looking to work with the latest technologies in one of the hottest areas of Windows software development. The ideal candidate will lead the design and development of critical, ground breaking features that will shape the future direction of our products. We primarily use C++ in a Windows desktop environment but eagerness and willingness to learn other languages and technologies is necessary to get the job done.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience. More is better.
- 5 years of C++ in a Windows environment.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems.
- Have the temperament to guide junior members through their challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small close-knit team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a fast paced development team.
What else we’d like to see:
- A secure programming mindset. Ideally with experience building secure code, penetration testing, securing servers and more.
- Have worked in an Agile development environment and requirements may change rapidly.
- Knowledge of web browser internals (Firefox, Chrome, IE).
- Knowledge of office plugins.
- MS Visual Studio, XML, Boost, Hudson, Git.
- Experience building Enterprise software products.
This position is based in Fairfax, VA and no relocation assistance will be provided.
Due to security requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Invincea is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and or any other characteristic protected by law.
CLOSED Now part of Sophos - Invincea, Inc.
The company provides the most comprehensive solution to contain, identify, and control the advanced attacks that evade legacy security controls. Invincea protects enterprises against targeted threats, including spear-phishing and Web drive-by attacks that exploit Java, Flash, and other applications. Combining the visibility and control of an endpoint solution with the intelligence of cloud analysis, Invincea offers the only market-deployed solution that defends against 0-day exploits, file-less malware, and previously unknown malware.
Invincea has been recognized with numerous awards, including the prestigious "Most Innovative Company of the Year" at RSA Conference. The company has also been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, USA Today, Washington Post, and Bloomberg, and on CNN and Fox Business. Invincea is venture capital-backed; our investors include Aeris Capital, Dell Ventures, Grotech Ventures, Harbert Venture Partners, and New Atlantic Ventures.
Advanced Persistent Threat Protection, Zero-Day Malware Detection, Information Security, Malware Detection, Endpoint Protection, Enterprise Security, Spear-phishing, Watering Hole Attacks, Drive-by Downloads, Endpoint Security, Cyber Threat Intelligence
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200