Cyber Security Engineer – Manager
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business to understand their goals and objectives and help them meet those goals and objectives in a secure manner. At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other security groups within Capital One to push the envelope.
- Collaborate with the Capital One AppSec team to provide subject matter expertise related to Engineering
- Design, deploy, maintain, and support applications, systems, and other type solutions in the cloud specifically related to Application Security (Burp, WebInspect, SCA, CheckMarx, and other tools)
- Identify opportunities automate manual tasks within our environment
- Challenge our status quo and innovate on tooling and how we deliver our AppSec services
- Document design decisions and ensure compliance
- Manage operations in cloud environments
- Assist and advise in cloud migrations
- Work with that leadership to anticipate their objectives and needs to better server them
- You are a strong conceptual thinking and communication skills
- You are able to work well under minimal supervision
- You are a demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- You have a deep understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in IT
- At least 4 years of experience managing and consulting in Information Security
- At least 4 year of experience in systems, network administration, programing or architecture.
- At least 2 years of experience in Networking Unix or Linux Server
- At least 2 years of experience in scripting or application development
- At least one year experience with Cloud Services
- At least one year of experience in cloud security
- At least two years experience in building, implementing, maintaining Application Security platforms like WebInspect, SCA or CheckMarx.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+