Cyber Security Analyst
Date: May 24, 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA, US, 30345
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Requisition #: 16202
Name of Location: Park West
Work Schedule: Day
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Childrens Healthcare Of Atlanta is a top 100 company to work for in America for 12 years in a row and we are hiring a Cyber Security Analyst to join our team! The Cyber Security Analyst serves as second level technical response agent for redirected or escalated concerns for security technologies via the Solution Center and ensures availability, confidentiality, and integrity of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's data assets wherever they reside. Monitors and supports procedures and technical controls as directed within the areas of vulnerability management, intrusion prevention and detection systems, logging correlations, operating systems, protocols, antivirus, and firewalls.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent experience
- This candidate will receive one of the following certifications within 1 year of employment- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Window Security Administrator (GCWN), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), or GIAC Security Essentials Certified (GSEC)
- 1+ year of experience in any combination of support and monitoring of security endpoints/servers, e.g., patch deployment/risk assessment/vulnerability scanners/security incident and event monitoring solutions/antivirus products, network security protocols and methodologies, information security and information technology controls, security penetration and vulnerability assessments, systems/network administration
- Experience in National Institute of Standards and Technology and International Organization for Standardization frameworks
- Experience pro-actively searching, investigating and researching potential security threats
- Experience with a log management system
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Joint Commission, and other information technology security governing bodies
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Above-average communication skills and ability to document processes
- Eagerness to learn new skills related to information security systems and processes with a willingness to think out of the box and develop creative solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally known information technology platforms, standards, and software development language(s)
- Well-developed organizational, written communication, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative/executive staff and patient care systems users
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Acts as first level technical response for information security team and serves as escalation point or second level support for information security concerns.
- Ensures integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications via technical enforcement of organizational security policies and monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices or security scripts, tools, and services.
- Implements and integrates security tools and services.
- Supports information security policies and awareness program.
- Works independently or as lead on escalation to information security team of low to medium complexity.
- Takes responsibility for all escalations and ensures that proper communication is maintained with appropriate contacts.
- Increases knowledge of technology advancements continually.
- Performs detailed analysis of business needs and possible improvements of information security impacts or considerations and translates into actionable items.
- Provides system performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
- Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
- Climbing - Not Present
- Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
- Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
- Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
- Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
- Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Location Address: 2800 Century Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Function: Information Technology - Information Security
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent dedicated to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 622 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for twelve consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of being Dedicated to All Better and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families each year.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Pediatric, Patient Care, Network Administrator, Information Security, Healthcare, Technology
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Pediatric Healthcare System, Sports Medicine, Hospital, Rehabilitation, Cancer, Cardiac, Emergency Care, Neurosciences, Urgent Care, Autism, Telemedicine, Orthopaedics, Surgery, Transport
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 5,001-10,000