1211265 - Information Security Engineer – Trust Strategy Office Trusted IOT Team
What You'll Do
Are you a dynamic and innovative engineer who wants to make a difference in increasing the trustworthiness of the Internet of Things (IoT)? As a security engineer in the Trust Strategy Office Trusted (TSO) IoT team, you will partner TSO security architects to support the delivery of trusted IoT initiatives around the world. You will position yourself, through your actions and collaborations, as an impactful member of the security architecture team that supports internal Cisco business unit and sales stakeholders in addition to key external partners and customers. You will support the technical conversations and delivery of trusted architectures that allow for Cisco to deliver cyber resilient IoT solutions with industry leading security, trust, and privacy.
Who You'll Work With
The Trust Strategy Office (TSO) within S&TO is focused on enabling Cisco's business velocity by embedding security into the future of everything we do as a company. The core tenants of this mission are embedding holistic security into IoT and ensuring security is a leading differentiator for Strategic Country Enablement. The Security and Trust Organization (S&TO) underscores Cisco's commitment to address two of the most critical issues that are top of mind for boardrooms and world leaders alike. Ensuring pervasive security across our business - protecting Cisco, our customers, data and privacy is mission critical. We take the best of what we do to secure our enterprise and share it with our customers to enable their success.
Who You Are
The perfect candidate will be both an analytical thinker as well as someone able to work collaboratively within a team. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have a desire to acquire higher level knowing and skills related to the security, privacy, and trust of products, technology, and solutions. You have the ability to effectively exchange ideas and content in a manner that is easily consumable. We are looking for those select few who thrive in a dynamic environment, have big ideas and goals, and believe in experimenting ideas rather than talking about them.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years of technology experience in fields such as technical marketing, engineering, or information security
- Demonstrable passion for learning about security of products and solutions
- Ability to analyze information, ask questions, gain understanding into new concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts
- Ability to independently manage time and deliver on multiple priorities
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or related technical field
Our desired skills for this role:
- Basic understanding of IoT industry solutions and technologies
- Basic understanding of enterprise and cloud deployment technologies
- Hands-on experience with security technologies, preferably Cisco’s security portfolio
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Security, Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist, CISSP, CCSP, or other technical industry certification
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Corporate System Engineer - Cisco Cloud Security
- Security Researcher, Data Science Focus at Umbrella
- Software Engineer III - Network Threat Defense - Security Group
- System Security Expert - Issy Les Moulineaux, Ile De France, France
- Technical Leader - Engineering
- Technical Marketing – Security Evangelist
- Threat Intelligence Researcher – Threat Intelligence and Interdiction