Cloud Security Research Engineer- Cisco Cloud Security Group
What You'll Do
We are looking for a bright junior developer to join our research group. You will be working on varied projects, from data research, through tooling, to intelligent detection of cyber-attacks.
You’ll help shape our data research pipeline, enable data scientists and analysts, and explore new possibilities for product value. Most important, you will be in one of Cisco’s fastest growing groups, working with some of the largest and most varied datasets in the Cyber Security world.
Who You'll Work With
Part of the Cisco Cloud Security CTO Office, you will be collaborating with analysts, algorithm developers & data scientists all working to extract value from the vast bodies of data we collect. You will be working at the nexus of products, data and customers, helping drive the intelligence in Cisco’s Cloud Security offerings.
Who You Are
You are a bright, curious and versatile developer, who loves researching data and solving real problems. You have great communication skills and want to grow by working alongside the best professionals.
• 1-3 years of software development experience, preferably in Python, OR an outstanding graduate of relevant degree
• Strong understanding of Web and Cloud.
• Experience analyzing large bodies of data.
• Very strong English - both verbal and written.
Nice to have:
• Veteran of relevant intelligence core units
• Cyber Security related experience
• Experience in any of the following: AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch, Frontend, Pandas, Spark
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- 1218489 AMP Consulting Systems Engineer - Security
- Cyber Security Thesis Project - Bachelor or Master - Germany
- Cybersecurity Marketing Manager APJ
- Cybersecurity Sales Specialist
- Cybersecurity Sales Specialist - Commercial (1222565)
- Cybersecurity Sales Specialist - GES
- Incident Response Consultant - 1205626
- Security Solutions Engineer (Intern) - United States
- Senior Program Manager - Security Group
- Senior Software Engineer- Cisco Cloud Security Group