As a trusted advisor and leader in cybersecurity, Coalfire has more than 15 years in IT security services. We empower organizations to reduce risk and simplify compliance, while minimizing business disruptions. Our professionals are renowned for their technical expertise and unbiased assessments and advice. We recommend solutions to meet each client’s specific challenges and build long-term strategies that can help them identify, prevent, respond, and recover from security breaches and data theft. We’re on the cutting edge of one of the world’s most important industries, and we protect our clients from ever-evolving security threats through our innovative advisory, auditing, and ethical hacking solutions. We’re growing rapidly and are currently seeking a Splunk Engineer to join our growing Cyber Readiness and Engineering group.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you'll be responsible for integrating a wide variety of security tools into a series of dashboards to support efficient decision making and response to security related defects. This is an opportunity to provide customers with real time cyber defense mechanisms while being part of a motivated and growing team with an entrepreneurial mindset. This position has unlimited growth potential for the right candidate.
In this role, you will:
- Administer Splunk and Splunk Apps to include extending/modify existing Apps to perform specialized functionality.
- Integrate Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools that use various protocols.
- Consult with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements.
- Perform implementation of security and compliance-based use cases.
- Perform maintenance and optimization of existing Splunk deployments.
- Communicate with customer stakeholders to include leadership, support teams, and system administrators.
- Create formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) in an IT-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more (3+) years of work experience with Splunk real-time processing architecture and deployment
- Experience and comfort operating in the Linux CLI and Splunk .conf files
- Experience in requirements analysis, engineering, product testing in test lab/real world environments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Splunk dashboard design
- Experience with software development, system architecture, and/or databases a plus.
- Splunk certification(s)
Why you’ll want to join us:
Our people make Coalfire great. We work together on interesting things and achieve exceptional results. We act as trusted advisors to our customers and are committed to client-focused innovation as well as innovation in the industries that we serve. Coalfire offers our people the chance to grow professionally with colleagues they like and respect while tackling challenges that stretch their minds and expand their skill sets. We’re connected by our desire to innovate and our goal of helping to make the world a more secure place.
Coalfire’s high energy, challenging, and fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged and motivated. Work-life balance is a core priority at Coalfire – we work hard and we play hard, and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we’re active in our communities. Plus, we offer great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire Systems, Inc.
IT Audits and Risk Asessments, Penetration Testing, PCI-DSS / PA-DSS Compliance Assessments, HIPAA / HITECH / HITRUST Assessments, FFIEC Controls Assessments, Internal / External Vulnerability Scans (ASV Services), FISMA / FedRAMP 3PAO Advisory and Assessments
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500