Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Meet Us at the Intersection of Media + Technology
The Cyber Security Senior Engineer, is responsible for developing security proof of concept and security solution prototypes which demonstrate strategic security vision. The candidate for this role will work closely with strategic security architects and other security and non-security stakeholders to help transform the security technical vision to implementable security solutions or design standards. This individual will assist Comcast by supporting the strategic technical leadership across multiple programs that seek to improve or innovate cyber security capability across all aspects of the Comcast brand. In this role the ideal candidate will help identify and vet new or emerging technologies necessary to assure success and security of Comcast services and products. They will fulfill the strategic security plan and deliver technical objectives of across multiple security roadmaps. The individual will have a strong working knowledge of cloud security in large, carrier and service class environments and will be able to provide the technical acumen necessary to support the full security systems development lifecyle for virtual and physical assets and network infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have proven experience with developing hardened builds and virtual machine images, will be able to review and recommend hardened IOS or SDN images, will be able to define and ensure conformance to security software design patterns; will have experience with converting physical systems to virtual equivalent operating instances. This role will also assist with security product evaluations and efficacy reviews, and will act as a lead technologist on security initiatives identified by the Comcast security leadership team and security strategy organization.
- Develop and prototype new and emerging strategic security frameworks
- Design and initiate technical security standards which demonstrate implementable configurations and/or builds which fulfill the security vision
- Manages complex technical security frameworks, integration and provides security development technical leadership.
- Act as a thought leader to assist Security DevOps teams in designing practical solutions deliver on security vision
- Acts as a bridge between implementation teams and security to ensure alignment with security vision
- Identify security solution technical requirements and specifications
- Actively participates in and effectively represents Comcast needs in industry RFC and formal technical work groups.
- Conducts expert level security and technology research and presents to highly technical audiences and peer work groups.
- Develops, publishes and presents leading edge security technical white papers and research projects.
- Transform security architecture frameworks and referential architectural into working prototypes or designs which are transitioned into next generation security standards
- Applies complex technical and security solutions to business problems.
- Presents and communicates complex concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Assists with the rationalization of incumbent and new architectures and technical solutions.
- Facilitates the development of efficacy measures of cyber security programs to convey the overall security posture and maturity of the program
- Contributes to the development of security threat and capability roadmaps
- Assists stakeholders with facilitation of strategic technology planning activities, documentation of strategies, innovation and security tool rationalization.
- Converts security policy and compliance objectives to strategic, implementable technical solutions and security standards
- Specify, develop and conduct security resilience testing and stress testing process assessments and strategy
- Designs and operates governance and security processes at the system, network and application levels; evaluates, recommends and leverages managed security services (MSS) business relationships.
Education Level: Minimum Bachelor's Degree, Preferred Advanced Degree
Field of Study: Information Sciences Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering
Certifications: Relevant cyber security certifications, such as AWS/Azure Architect, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, GIAC are highly desired
Years of Experience: Generally requires 9+ years related experience
Travel: Up to 20%, ability to travel within the Comcast geographic areas, primarily Philadelphia, PA and Moorestown, NJ
- Must have broad technical knowledge of all common security domains.
- Must have experience with virtual, elastic, and cloud compute
- System orchestration and control infrastructure elements, API integration frameworks, AWS, Azure, Openstack, and proprietary virtualization operating environments
- Must have experience working with Security DevOps to build infrastructure control and image management workflows
- Must have experience building hardened system images for physical and virtual environments, including, OS, application, and network devices based on security technical standards identification and configuration
- Must have experience developing touchless and automated system configuration workflows
- Must have expertise in security development and solution engineering, security operations management, incident management, governance and solution delivery and life-cycle management
- Strong working and practical knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP/IP networking
- Experience with security protocols including SSL/TLS, HTTPS, PGP, AES, DES, SSH, SCP, Kerberos, OAuth, SAML, IPSEC, PKI
- Mastery understanding of the Internet protocol version 4 and 6 suite, e.g. Radius, BOOTP, ARP, IP, ICMP, BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SIP, GRE, Netflow/cflowd and POP3
- Technical knowledge of; enterprise networking, next generation firewalls, stateless inspection, deep packet inspection, signature and signature-less detection, encryption, log aggregation and correlation, security data analytics, hyper-V systems and controls, change management, and performance and capacity management
- Process and procedure knowledge of governance, compliance, risk management and audit control systems and functions
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the appropriate level of judgment and maturity in all situations
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of NIST, PCI, SOX and other cyber security standards
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Video, media and entertainment, High Speed Internet, Communications, Home management
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+