Information Security Analyst
The role of every Information Security team member is to support the overarching values and business goals of Costco Wholesale as they relate to meeting legal and regulatory obligations; protecting member, employee and vendor privacy; and ensuring a technologically secure operating environment.
Our Information Security Project Analysts provide consulting services to internal project teams, work with vendors to review solutions under consideration for use in the domain, and mentor others with lesser subject matter expertise.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Performs project security assessments.
- Assesses centralized user and configuration management systems.
- Performs and/or coordinates regular security assessments of existing or new infrastructure.
- Performs duties necessary to assist in establishing practices and system configurations to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect information systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Works with information systems custodians (i.e., department managers, user community and systems administrators) at different levels in the organization to understand their respective security needs and assist with implementing practices and procedures consistent with Costco’s Information Security Policy.
- Assists with auditing of information systems activities and systems to confirm information security policy compliance and provide management with security policy compliance assessments.
- Works with stakeholders to identify security solutions that support their business requirements.
- Partners with other Information Security groups to conduct security risk assessments on new solutions and systems, periodic security risk assessments on existing systems and identify and/or recommend appropriate security countermeasures and best practices.
Required skills and abilities
- 3+ years of SDM, SDLC, and project management processes experence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 3 to 5 years of information systems security or related data processing auditing experience.
- One or more professional audit or security certifications such as CISA or CISSP (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience with networking technologies, such as firewalls, routers, load balancers, and proxies.
- Willing to share knowledge and assist others in understanding technical and business topics.
- Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control and system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling).
- Demonstrated experience of “hands on” security knowledge of one or more of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, UNIX, AIX, 4690, or iSeries.
- Experience with Threat Modeling, security assessments, and evaluating mitigating controls.
- Experience with network-based detective controls like IDS, IPS and various SIEMS.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols.
- Working knowledge of web technologies.
- Ability to interpret information security data and processes to identify potential compliance issues.
- Ability to quickly understand complicated data flows in order to identify and validate security requirements.
- Must be a team player and willing to establish a strong positive working relationship with all areas of the business.
- Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to clearly communicate Information Security matters to executives, auditors, end users, and engineers using appropriate language, examples, and tone.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Experience with performing vulnerability scans and assessments
- Experience performing computer forensics.
- Familiarity with SOA governance and policy management best practices.
- Familiarity with Cloud Security Controls
- Familiarity with Regulatory Compliance and industry standards, such as HIPAA, SOX, and PCI
- Familiarity in a DevOps or DevSecOps environment.
If you are an ambitious, energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you've come to the right place. Our successful employees are service-oriented with integrity and commitment toward a common goal of excellence. Costco offers great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work.
Retail, Merchandising, Operations, E-commerce, and Travel
What Are You Looking For in a Career?
- Exciting opportunities
- Career growth
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- A workplace focused on ethics and obeying the law
- Great benefits
Company Size: 10,001+