SAP Security Engineer
The SAP Security Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of SAP security access and compliance for the organization in all SAP instances. This position will be responsible for security design and administration for a variety of SAP modules including CRM, HCM, ESS, FICO, BW, SSF, Payer / Biller Direct, Solution Manager, BOBJ, SAP-GRC, and HANA. In addition, this role will work with the application owners by developing and supporting security processes and priorities in creating and maintaining standards to processes and procedures in the area of SAP and other non-SAP applications. This is a cross-functional support role to the organization and will interface within and outside of the IT department. Effective communication and technical leadership is critical to the success of this role. Candidates must be able to mentor and teach junior level employees as well as possess the ability to fluently speak both technical and business language interchangeably.
The SAP Security Engineer has the ability to turn visions into functional designs and implementations.
The position requires in-depth experience with the design and implementation of users, roles (including repository), and table maintenance, with the mindset of production support and efficient processes. The ideal candidate must have a strong discipline for standardization in support of automation and operational efficiencies.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Gathers requirements from internal clients and provides security and technical expertise to development of roles to satisfy business requirements.
- Develops security objects that meet business requirements while adhering to the principle of least privilege.
- Develops and recommends strategies for SAP Security and GRC model to continually improve service
- Works with business areas and project teams to troubleshoot issues with security objects and identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to identify gaps and recommend solutions to security administration processes and procedures as well as area for significant improvement, optimization and automation
- Commitment to upholding governance and corporate security guidelines including Segregation of Duties (SoD), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
- Available for 24x7 on call rotational support for 3rd level support escalations
- Strong understanding of compliance requirements that may impact security and works with business areas and project teams to develop security solutions that address these requirements.
- Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Demonstrates a high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
- Participates in team activities and team planning in regards to improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
- Responsible for staying current with SAP Security technology strategies and requirements by independent study, interaction with SAP Security users groups and Costco policies and platforms.
Required skills and abilities
- 5 – 7 years of security experience using SAP in a large enterprise size environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following SAP modules:
CRM, FICO, MM, BW, HCM (MSS/ESS), GRC, HANA, Solution Manager, BOBJ, Payer Direct and Portal
- Strong experience with SAP's role-based security concepts and Profile Generator.
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of SAP security best practice.
- Ability to assess business role requirements, design authorization roles and manage supporting authorizations.
- Experience with portals authorizations; preferred knowledge of ESS, Payer / Biller Direct and/or SSF systems.
- Experience testing authorizations for multiple environments and coordinating testing with business and technical users.
- Knowledgeable regarding transaction auditing; ability to work with and support internal and external audit teams.
- Basic knowledge of SAP Netweaver security; ability to speak to infrastructure level security concerns and to work with technical team to ensure such concerns are addressed.
- Experience with Solution Manager and various integrations
- Set up, maintenance and use of Central User Administration (CUA) and Single-sign on (SSO)
- Self-motivated, Flexible, Openness to learn new things, Strong focus on customer needs.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively mentor less experienced team members on SAP security.
- Experience in successful project implementation and follow-up.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
- Good decision making skills
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Documentation and presentation skills catered to a diverse technical and business audience.
- Team leadership and role-model.
- Deep technical knowledge of the relevant part(s) of the SAP environment.
If you are an ambitious, energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you've come to the right place. Our successful employees are service-oriented with integrity and commitment toward a common goal of excellence. Costco offers great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work.
Retail, Merchandising, Operations, E-commerce, and Travel
What Are You Looking For in a Career?
- Exciting opportunities
- Career growth
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- A workplace focused on ethics and obeying the law
- Great benefits
Company Size: 10,001+