Security Monitoring Analyst
This Security Monitoring Analyst role works within the Security Operations team to ensure the ongoing protection of the systems, network, physical assets and data of the company and that they are operated under continued alignment with corporate security and compliance policies. This will be achieved by operating security monitoring tools and processes designed to protect the company’s systems and network.
The Security Monitoring Analyst ensures that all security events are appropriately reviewed and responded to through the following activities:
- Monitors and responds to security events, alerts and reports provided by Information Security and Corporate Security tools such as SIEM, DLP, IDS, physical alarms as well as notifications to the company hotline and mailbox.
- Review changes to UNIX, Windows and AD security configuration and privileged groups and investigate to identify unauthorized activity.
- Responds to Cyber Intelligence briefings, bulletins and notifications; searches for the presence of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) within the company based on intelligence.
- Selective testing of monitoring and logs to ensure adequate coverage.
- Makes updates to configuration of monitoring tools such as rules, policies for enhancement and tuning purposes.
- Manages Security Incident Response upon confirmation of a security incident
- Executes IT data acquisition for investigations and digital forensics activity
- Assist in the building and deployment of tools and processes in support of the above objectives and responsibilities as required.
- Keeps accurate records and reports of above.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors Degree in a field related to Information Security (or equivalent experience), preferred.
- 2+ Yrs of Experience in Security Operations and/or Information Security alert monitoring in at least two of the following: DLP, network, Windows/AD, UNIX, Physical Security Alarms
- Experience with Information Security and Corporate Security tools such as SIEM, DLP, IDS, physical alarms as well as notifications to the company hotline and mailbox.
- Hands-on Experience with forensics tools similar to Access Data FTK a plus
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative to drive progress and improvement
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in healthcare, financial services, government or any other highly regulated sector is a plus
- Travel Requirements: < 5%
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
At Cotiviti, we help our clients unlock value through the unique insights we find in the intricate streams of data and other information relevant to their business relationships.
Our analytic capabilities are a fusion of specialized industry and technical knowledge with creative thinking, enabling technologies and a collaborative approach to understanding our client’s business.
Our employees share a passion for providing every client a quality, fulfilling customer experience. We share a high sensitivity to the importance of our clients’ business relationships while achieving compliance to contracts, agreements and policies. Our teams work closely and diligently with clients to ensure the highest degree of accuracy in every interaction and recommendation.
Through Cotiviti Healthcare and Connolly, Cotiviti provides services to 20 of the top 25 U.S. healthcare payers and eight of the top 10 U.S. retailers, respectively.
Company Size: 1,001-5000