Application Security Engineer
Your dream job at CrowdStrike is waiting
Join the company now backed by Google Capital
Help us protect CrowdStrike and its customers from the most advanced threats! CrowdStrike’s Product Security team breaks the mold of traditional internal security and focuses on active threats to CrowdStrike’s products. As an Application Security Engineer, you will perform technical security assessments, code reviews, and security testing to highlight risk and help engineering teams improve the overall security posture of our platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop threat models and test plans for new and existing platform components
- Create tools to help test and monitor system security posture
- Test technical system components from module subsystems to entire frameworks
- Develop system design and coding best practices for engineering teams
- Application security testing experience
- Programing knowledge in at least 2 languages (C/C++, Go, Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, Perl, others)
- Protocol knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, applied Cryptography, others
- Exposure to Windows, OSX, and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with tools such as Wireshark, Kali, Postman, BurpSuite, Nmap, Metasploit,others
- Strong debugging skills. Ability to spot design flaws, race conditions, performance bottlenecks in complex architectures and simple misconfigurations.
- Experience testing Restful APIs
- Familiarity with secure coding concepts
- You’re a clear thinker and efficient communicator
- OSCP certified
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
CrowdStrike is a true big data security company backed with investments from Google Capital, Accel Partners, Warburg Pincus and Rackspace, staffed with technology and security industry leaders, employing cutting edge technologies and security best practices in our a highly scalable cloud based platform, supporting millions of events per second originating in countries around the globe to deliver accurate and actionable information directly to our customers in real-time.
If you want a tech job working for a team with a mission, a mission to protect people, intellectual property, businesses and democracies from criminals and adversaries (vs. getting users to click links or find taxis), come work for CrowdStrike.
Locations: Irvine, Los Angeles, Sunnyvale, CA or Seattle, Kirkland, WA
Company Size: 201-500