Senior Malware Reverse Engineer
Your dream job at CrowdStrike is waiting
Join the company now backed by Google Capital
CrowdStrike is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post incident response services. We are the fastest growing endpoint protection company, one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success. Join us today!
The CrowdStrike Intelligence Team is seeking a motivated senior malware reverse engineer with excellent technical skills to research advanced cybercriminal attacks. The Intelligence Team’s Technical Analysis Cell (TAC) is at the forefront of CrowdStrike’s battles with nation state adversaries and criminal actors. We combine world-class intelligence analysis with deep-dive reverse engineering and malicious code analysis, building and using cutting-edge automation systems to deliver actionable indicators and operational insights. This is a highly technical position on the E-Crime TAC team that serves an important role in developing finished intelligence products, conducting analysis, increasing our coverage of the global threat landscape, and contributing to the continuous tracking of criminal adversary groups.
*Must be located in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, Germany, or the Netherlands.
- Discover, analyze and track advanced cyber-attack campaigns through malware reverse engineering and document findings.
- Produce high-quality threat intelligence reporting for all levels of readership, including actionable mitigation and detection guidance.
- Develop tools to assist with automation of malware analysis tasks and tracking of threat actors.
- Contribute to active mitigation efforts and support incident response engagements with technical expertise.
- Write blog articles on novel threats and research results.
- Profound knowledge of reverse engineering tools (disassemblers, decompilers, debuggers) and processes (unpacking malware, reconstructing code logic, etc).
- At least five years of experience in static and dynamic malicious code reverse engineering.
- Strong knowledge of the most prevalent E-Crime malware families and botnets.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Solid understanding of Windows OS internals and the Windows API.
- Ability to analyze raw network data and to develop custom protocol decoders and decryption tools.
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts in verbal and graphical products.
- Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- A background in exploit and vulnerability analysis is a plus.
- At least ten years of experience in static and dynamic malicious code reverse engineering.
- MA/MS degree, Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Computer Science, or a related field.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, or a related field
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Company Size: 201-500