Senior Network Security Engineer
Abraxas Corporation is currently looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to support a USG Customer based in Virginia. Abraxas Corporation (a Cubic Company) is a trusted partner to the U.S. National Security community, supporting its worldwide mission with both service and technical related programs across a vast array of Intelligence Community organizations.
This is a challenging position for a Network Security Engineer to work on a new, highly visible, consultation service team providing encryption, security engineering expertise, and guidance to project teams and system implementers. The selected candidate will focus on the systems engineering/cyber security engineering related tasks. The selected candidate will communicate with team leads and senior leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements.
This effort will address a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Providing system security architecture, design, and cryptographic service implementation advice.
- Assisting teams in understanding and addressing system security issues identified during the assessment process.
- Investigating new technologies, as well as Type 2 and commercial cryptographic products.
- Seven or more years of demonstrated on-the-job experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network; host; data or application security in multiple operating system environments.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with P networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with Intemet, web, application, and network security techniques.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks operating at different classification levels.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) architecture and other cloud computing environments.
- Professional certifications in cyber security area of expertise,
CISSP — Certified Information Systems Security Professional;
CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker;
GIAC — Global Information Assurance Certification;
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor’s policies, directive, and standards.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note if applying for a position in the United States: All Applicants must furnish proof of citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States at the time of hire, within three (3) working days. We will provide Social Security Administration (SSA), and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Cubic is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.
Global Defense, Transportation Systems
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000