CISO or Vice President of Information Security
Cvent is looking for a CISO or Vice President of Information Security to join our rapidly growing enterprise. This is a senior management position within the Technology Department, with complete ownership of information security across the enterprise – both our online Internet presence and physical sites. We are a PCI Level 1 Service Provider, with a focus on maintaining an aggressive information security posture. The VP of Information Security is charged with understanding and guiding the enterprise through the challenges, risks and threats inherent in building a premier, software as a service brand.
What You Will Be Doing
- Scaling Cvent’s Information Security team and infrastructure in line with enterprise growth
- Articulating an enterprise security strategy to employees and key external stakeholders
- Directing web application security across all products and acquisitions
- Owning the enterprise’s portfolio of security systems and services
- Championing information security awareness across the enterprise, as well as to customers and prospects
- Overseeing domestic and international compliance, privacy and audit requirements
What You Need for this Position
- We are hiring candidates based on demonstrated knowledge more than years of experience; however, the ideal candidate is likely to have a minimum of 15 years of relevant and progressively developing information security experience. Candidates with less than 15 years of experience, but who can demonstrate both information security aptitude and management depth, are encouraged to apply.
- Proven experience managing and growing teams, and leveraging technology to scale employee productivity
- Exposure to relevant domestic and international privacy and security standards and best practices such as PCI DSS, ISO/IEC 27000-series, and SSAE 16
- Relevant, industry recognized security certification such as CISSP or CISM
- Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal integrity; willingness to undergo vetting and personality assessment
- An appropriate degree of technical depth, including understanding of relevant concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP and HTTP
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools such as nessus, nmap, metasploit, and paros
- Understanding of malware such as worms, virii, and trojans
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent; Master's preferred
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com.
event planning, event marketing, enterprise meeting management, online surveys, venue sourcing, feedback management, Voice of the Customer, Conference mobile apps, Festival mobile apps
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000