Network Security Engineer - SecureWorks
We’d love to be your new beginning.
We embrace open conversations and innovative ideas. Dell was founded by an entrepreneurial spirit - nothing’s changed.
Network Security Engineer - SecureWorks
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyber attacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat. In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We’ve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers’ polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
As a Network Security Engineer on the Implementation Services team you will have the exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge security technologies. You will be responsible for log collector appliances as well as the integration of SecureWorks' managed and monitored security service. This role is responsible for working with new and existing customers to deploy various security devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS’s. You will also work directly with customers to plan out and complete implementations remotely and/or at the customer’s site.
- Discuss technical requirements for contracted services with customers
- Work with internal Project Managers and customers to map out the details and timelines of the implementation
- Design and implement contracted security services in customers' environments according to their specifications and change control windows; can include the configuration and installation of firewalls, IDS/IPS’s and log collection appliances
- Lead and contribute to projects of varying scales such as upgrades, migrations, and new offerings
- Research new security products as necessary
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and maintain technical documentation related to the provisioning of SecureWorks managed services
- Serve as a technical escalation point for other IT Security Sr. Advisors or departments on service implementation related issues
- Some off shift work is required
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and familiarity of various network protocols
- Ability to integrate information security solutions into existing enterprise networks and be able to identify and efficiently troubleshoot complex network issues
- Strong knowledge of security protocols and design concepts
- Strong Linux/Unix operating systems experience
- Functional experience on any of the following platforms: Cisco, Checkpoint, SonicWall, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, Crossbeam, Sourcefire, IBM, LogLogic/Arcsight, Tipping Point, McAfee IPS, Imperva, F5
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with peers, management, staff, and internal/external business partners/clients; must have exemplary customer service skills
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; should be self-driven and possess a high degree of self-initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, or related discipline and 3 years of relevant work experience or a total of 5 years of relevant work experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience with the deployment of at least 3 of the following firewall platforms: Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, or Juniper
- 5 to 7 years of experience with the deployment of at least 3 of the following IDS/IPS platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Tipping Point, Sourcefire, McAfee, or Snort
- 5 to 7 years of experience with *nix operating systems
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls a plus
- Certifications preferred: GCIA, GCFW, CCNP Security, CCSE, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SEC, CISSP or similar certification preferable
This position is located in Atlanta.
SecureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SecureWorks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SecureWorks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SecureWorks encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: IT Security
Primary Location: North America-US-GA-Atlanta
Shift: Day Job
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Organization: Information Technology
Job ID: 17000HMM
Life At Dell
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+