Penetration Testing Advisor - SecureWorks - Remote
We’d love to be your new beginning.
We embrace open conversations and innovative ideas. Dell was founded by an entrepreneurial spirit - nothing’s changed.
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.
In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We’ve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers’ polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
The Application Security Advisor supports the Security and Risk Consulting /Technical Testing Team by applying information security threat intelligence to identify and exploit vulnerabilities within our client’s environments. The focus areas for this role are web and mobile application penetration testing, API testing, and code review.
- Conduct application security assessments (web, mobile, API, etc.) using off-the-shelf or internally developed exploitation tools to execute manual testing for advanced attacks
- Produce and deliver vulnerability and exploit information to clients in the form of a professional security assessment report
- Conduct client conference calls to include, but not limited to project kick-off calls, notification of high/critical findings during the testing process, and close out calls to review test findings, evidence, process steps to reproduce, and remediation recommendations
- Perform proactive research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- Excel as both a self-directed individual contributor and as a member of a larger team
- Availability for domestic travel and limited international travel up to 15%
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Experience with security tools such as – Nmap, Metasploit, Kali Linux, Burp Suite Pro, etc., as well as other various commercial and self-developed testing tools
- Experience with various application attack vectors, security test processes and strong knowledge of common vulnerabilities (i.e. OWASP Top 10)
- 1 to 2 years of application security testing knowledge/experience
- Working knowledge of SQL and high level languages
- Good technical communication skills, both written and verbal; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to effectively work with and interact with clients of various backgrounds and maintain positive client relationships; be able to work in a collaborative team environment; posses honesty and integrity
- Ability to work flexible work hours at times if needed
- Operating systems administration and internals (Microsoft Windows / Linux)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking at a technical level
- 2+ years of professional experience in information security or related field
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field; or equivalent professional experience
This is a remote position.
SecureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SecureWorks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SecureWorks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SecureWorks encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: Information Technology - Security Analysis
Primary Location: North America-US-Remote/Field/Satellite Office
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 17000ISE
Life At Dell
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+