Cybersecurity Lab Engineer
Make a Delphi Difference on Your First Day
At Delphi, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today and a better future tomorrow. Delphi – every day we pioneer, we elevate, and we integrate game-changing technologies that make the world’s vehicles safer, greener, and more connected. At Delphi, we make it possible.
We’re looking for innovators with a passion for making it possible. Are you up for the challenge?
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Electronics & Safety division for an experienced Cybersecurity Lab Engineer to analyze, test, and validate Delphi products to ensure they meet a specific level of cybersecurity standards. The standards to measure by will also be determined through this role both for internal and external use. This position will be located in our Fenton, MI office and relocation will be provided for the right candidate.
- Provide comparison and updates on documentation of services by outside vendors.
- Assist product teams with implementing security through design by troubleshooting, penetration testing, adding cryptography, etc.
- Work Advanced and Technical Development Projects as required
- Lead red team testing activities as needed on Delphi products.
- Participate in technical committees and industry activities
- Perform cybersecurity assessments throughout the development life cycle of a Delphi product
- Stay abreast of new software and security technologies
- Support cybersecurity activities across Delphi, including manufacturing systems
- Work with cross divisional team to roll out security protocols to divisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Assurance, Network Security, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering; or in lieu of degree, 4 years of experience performing penetration tests for enterprise, embedded and other connected systems as a Security Analyst, Security Consultant or Security Engineer.
- 2 years of experience performing penetration tests for enterprise, embedded and other connected systems as a Security Analyst, Security Consultant or Security Engineer
- 2 years of experience with industry standard encryption, certificate management, wireless communication protection, etc.
- 2 years of programming experience with Java and C
- 2 years of scripting experience with python, bash and PowerShell
- 4 years of experience working on Engineering development teams as a Systems Engineer, Hardware Engineer, or Software Engineer
- Experience with in-vehicle data communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, SENT, Flexray, Ethernet, etc.
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Familiar with Delphi processes and standards
- Working experience in the automotive industry
- Experienced in interfacing through different debugging and programming ports. (I2C, SPI, JTAG, UART, SWD, etc.)
- Software / Hardware Reverse Engineering
- Experience in hacking embedded systems either formal or informally.
- 4 years’ experience working as a Software Engineer or Systems Engineer
- Experience implementing cybersecurity mitigations (encryption, certificate management, TLS, wireless communication protection, firewalls, etc.)
- Familiar with formal software development processes
- Experienced in embedded software development (C, C++, Java) in ARM, or similar processor
- Working experience with POSIX based OS(s) e.g. Linux, QNX, etc.
- Working experience with Hardware Trust Anchors (HSM, TPM, etc.)
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Familiar with requirements tracking systems e.g. IBM’s DOORS, Polarion
Bachelor of Science: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a high-technology company that integrates safer, greener and more connected solutions for the automotive sector. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 46 countries.
To read more about Delphi, please click here.
Our global team, driven by meaningful innovation, envisions a society with zero road fatalities, zero injuries and zero accidents. We see the future of driving and are making it possible today.
Automated Vehicles, Powertrain, Electrification, Automated Mobility on Demand, Software and Services, Integrated Automotive Systems, Connection Systems, Autonomous Driving, Active Safety, Advanced Driver Alert Systems (ADAS), Connected Mobility, and Vehicle Safety
Company Size: 10,001+